Thread: Postpone Corinthian Awards re: Covid-19

Default Postpone Corinthian Awards re: Covid-19

There is currently concern about the spread of the covid-19 virus. Sporting events and other large meeting have been cancelled or postponed. At present, there is a lot of confusion and gaps in our knowledge of this virus that may clear as time passes.
    There is a proposal to postpone the Corinthian Awards until the Round-the-Rocks skipper's meeting on April 8.
    I would be interested in viewing comments from the forum about the need to postpone.

Be Healthy...

Don Martin
    Commodore SSS
    Last edited by DonMartin; 03-11-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Postponing until the April 7 meeting is okay with me, but I think the cove-19 virus is among us and more confirmed cases will be found as testing becomes more widespread, resulting in more and more confirmed cases and more "contacts" and 14-day confinements. I think that means that by April 7 (or pick a date) the numbers will be significantly higher. Let's postpone and see what happens. Pat Broderick

FYI:
    The Aeolian BOD voted last night, to cancel all activities until further notice. This was done in the face of two clubs scheduled for two dinners and a breakfast, this Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    The Sea is my Church; the Boat is my Pew.