Thread: Singlehanding is the rough version of Covering in Place

Default Singlehanding is the rough version of Covering in Place

I don't know about you all but I am finding covering in place to be rather luxurious compared to longer distance singlehanded sailing. Decent chow, shower every day, good sleep, no tedious chipmunk conversations, Netflix and etc.

Some people are going batty sitting around the house. I am way way ahead of them. I was batty when I started cover in placing but now I think I am turning the corner and will come out of this much less batty, perhaps even bat free...imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    no tedious chipmunk conversations
    You had Simon, Theodore and Alvin? (ALVIN!!!!)

I had a voice that sounded like Peter Sellers trying to talk in Chinese.

I kind of like my bats.

=====

I'm using extra time to "build stuff" for the boat. The companionway cover is done. The boom for the Piper is done. Now I'm working on a windvane for the Wildcat. The main pendulum carrier is all glued up, and I'm about halfway through shaping the pendulum oar. It's not as fun as sailing, but it's still fun!
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    You had Simon, Theodore and Alvin? (ALVIN!!!!)

I had a voice that sounded like Peter Sellers trying to talk in Chinese.

Peter Sellers trying to talk Chinese. God, that is funny! I wonder what that sounds like. Next time you hear it, turn on the voice recorder.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    I kind of like my bats.

=====

I'm using extra time to "build stuff" for the boat. The companionway cover is done. The boom for the Piper is done. Now I'm working on a windvane for the Wildcat. The main pendulum carrier is all glued up, and I'm about halfway through shaping the pendulum oar. It's not as fun as sailing, but it's still fun!
    Yea, I am too. My stuff is more fluff though. New cabin lights, new headliner, repairing diesel leaks, oil changes, coolant changes, etc. My AGM batteries are 13 year old now and they need to be changed out too. A whole new adventure with the electrical system. Heck, I'll be busy until Christmas.