Another update from the SSS virtual race deck.

In general, there are encouraging signs that things are beginning to loosen up and that the CG is starting to allow racing on the Bay again (yeah!). That said, it is still on a county-by-county basis and individual races are subject to CG approval.

We remain committed to a full SSS racing season and are working to reschedule the RTR and SH Farallones races, as well as to complete the remaining season races. We are working with the YRA to find a suitable Saturday for the rescheduled RTR - targeting some time in June.

Even if we get approval to run the RTR, it is likely that there will have to be some modifications to to the standard racing format to insure proper social distancing for the RC. In addition, we are also planning to implement measures to reduce some of the boat-on-boat conflicts we saw in the Corinthian race this year. As Race Chair, I welcome the opportunity to work with the full SSS community to come up with a workable solution to these challenges.

Feel free to PM me or post your suggestion here. I am really looking forward to seeing you all out there again, the soon the better.

Tom Boussie
RC, SSS