Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Qualifier

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2021 Qualifier

Since moving to odd-numbered years has left myself, and possibly others without a LongPac to use as a qualifier, I am keeping a "window of opportunity" open in mid-September to basically sail the LongPac course. Personally, I've XX'd out September 7 through 15 and written in "SHTP Qualifier". I'll look for the best weather window in that time.

I know of one other person who is likely to do this. If anybody else is interested, shoot me a msg.

I'd like to reiterate.. If anybody else is interested, shoot me a msg.

Message me. MESSAGE. As in click on my handle here and send me a MESSAGE...

Not make this thread into a repeat of another thread which I sadly agreed had to be removed.

Thanks.
    Last edited by AlanH; 06-08-2020 at 01:02 PM.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

System says: "AlanH has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Sailor View Post
    System says: "AlanH has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
    I'll take care of that!

Hoping to do my qualifier next month up in Canadian waters

Alan,
    Its been a long time. I had planned to enter the 2016 SHTP in a trimaran. Then in late November, 2015, my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 Cancer, and I could go nowhere. I need to start living again, and would like to get my new boat to the starting line. Yours is the first post beyond cancellation and re-scheduling the SHTP for 2121 in the forum. When do you suppose a 2121 SHTP Forum might start?
    Jim Bates

Quote Originally Posted by jimb522 View Post
    Alan,
    Its been a long time. I had planned to enter the 2016 SHTP in a trimaran. Then in late November, 2015, my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 Cancer, and I could go nowhere. I need to start living again, and would like to get my new boat to the starting line. Yours is the first post beyond cancellation and re-scheduling the SHTP for 2121 in the forum. When do you suppose a 2121 SHTP Forum might start?
    Jim Bates
    While the idea of an SSS forum was mine, years and years (and years!) ago, and I served as the forum admin for about 4 years, I'm no long the admin, and am just another forum member, now. So I have no idea when or if, there will be a new SHTP 2021 sub-forum.

All we have to do is change the year in the sub-forum header from 2020 to 2021, correct?

I have limited forum powers - I'm able to change thread titles and posts but I can't change sub-forum titles. It took awhile and some arm-twisting to get the race name corrected after this sub-forum was created, and I'm not going through that again.

Most club officers would give their right arm to have an active forum and archive like this one, but the current SSS board ignores it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimb522 View Post
    When do you suppose a 2121 SHTP Forum might start?
    In about 100 years?

Question about my upcoming qualifying sail...

Race rules 8.01
    “entrant must submit a log on a form provided by the race committee”

Is there a specific log form I am to use or will I just submit my own log of the qualifying sail as part of my registration?

Thanks

Standard log and a picture of the GPS at the turn is what I've normally done.