Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wishing all a prosperous and joyous new year.

Best wishes from Alchera and crew. Time to go back through all the old TP pictures and think back on the good times with the greatest group of skippers in the world. I've been keeping myself busy in the off season with my music, check out www.soundclick.com/midnightclosetproject if you are interested.
    - Mark

PS - Haulback roped me in once again with that dogsled comment, I totally thought it possible!

On board 'Nereida' when possible - in S.Africa just now

A Very, Very Happy, Healthy, Harmonious, New Year to all of you!!

I've also been looking over my photos from time to time .... always with happy, warm, 'fuzzy' (!) feelings, remembering all the friendship and support I've had from you all. Thank you for that ... It's been a real pleasure knowing you all .... I'm looking forward to 2010 and found myself wondering about getting the new hull number (82) placed on the new 'Nereida' in readiness .... My only problem might, yet again, be one of timing, distance and route to start line...!! But we can all dream...!

I posted photos of the new bare hull on my website in December's 'blog' and fresh ones of progress up to now are being posted this weekend - she's keeping me busy in all kinds of ways!

Wishing all of you plenty of happy dreaming and good sailing in 2009,

Jeanne

"Nereida"

www.svnereida.com

I know this is supposed to be the "Archive" but I had to post a photo of the new "Nereida," now in the water and nearly ready to go cruising. I liked this photo (from Jeanne's website) because it shows off the lines so well. What a beauty!

And sure enough - number 82 is on the bow - ready for SHTP2010!

On board 'Nereida' when possible - in S.Africa just now

Smile "Nereida"

Hi Bob
    Thanks for posting picture of my new "Nereida". Maybe I'm biased - but I have to agree she looks lovely!
    I'm presently quietly panicking & losing out on sleep, trying to make sure all important boat jobs are completed before leaving UK this Sunday (14th June) - for foreseeable future....
    Plan is solo over to Guernsey from here on the Hamble (by Southampton Water), check all systems & instruments and go for lots of sail trials once there, getting to know new boat, then solo nonstop down to Canaries to wait for mid-end September, with lots more sailing/trials... before leaving for Cape of Good Hope & then on eastabout...
    Question ... as a well-prepared and well-documented newly-built boat, would I need a survey in order to enter the 2010 SHTP? Up to now (and for foreseeable future) I've had no need for a survey (I am insured - they didn't require one)). That requirement could pose a problem and does seem rather unnecessary given the situation.
    Best wishes to all at SSS - hope you're all enjoying a good season's sailing!

P.S. Keep an eye on my website for regular updates & position-reports once I get moving!
    Jeanne "Nereida"

www.svnereida.com

Quote Originally Posted by nereida View Post
    Question ... as a well-prepared and well-documented newly-built boat, would I need a survey in order to enter the 2010 SHTP?
    Hi Jeanne,

I tend to agree with you - by the time you've sailed around to San Francisco I would think the boat and all of its systems would be better tested than a surveyor could do. If the survey requirement stays the same as the 2008 race, perhaps you could submit the factory's commissioning checklist or similar document?

There are no published Race Rules & Conditions for the 2010 SH TransPac, although a little bird told me that there are complete drafts awaiting review by the SSS board and/or Safety Committee. Things seem to be getting off to a slow start for planning this time.

I'll check your website periodically to see how the new boat is doing.

Best Regards.