Thread: Cal 2-27 w/ outboard.

Default Cal 2-27 w/ outboard.

Fans of Dura Mater: now you can have your very own.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa...143577982.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lanikai View Post
    Fans of Dura Mater: now you can have your very own. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa...143577982.html
    That is the best description of a boat I've ever read! Totally transparent. Especially important: "Up-sized standing rigging". Yeah. And your use of space is brilliant! I have gotten lots of good ideas from your photos. If I weren't so lazy I would incorporate them. Maybe I will incorporate them. Some day. And those electronics are impressive. Almost like those on Surprise! I think that's what the Electrician Magician Rob meant when he said that he could upgrade my electronics if I wanted to compete with Bob. And I believe he could have. Then mine would have looked like yours: Fabulous. So many switches, so many options. Whooee. My head would swim with the possibilities. I might fall off the boat. And the Third Season of Miami Vice? Oh, my! My favorite. Sonny with his unshaven face? Adorable.

If I didn't already own Dura Mater I would buy your boat!! You forgot to mention the chocolate in the V Berth, though! That might hasten the sale. Good luck! Let us know when you sell her, and to whom. What is your new boat and what are your plans with her?
    Last edited by Philpott; 06-18-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks, Jackie! Don't you love our little Cals? So much boat in such a small slip. I opted not to use the chocolatey bait-and-switch sales tactic so you can still trick people with that when it's Dura Mater's turn to change hands.
    I regret having to (finally) sell "Happiness", but the drought-busting winter of '18-'19 gave me a cabin fever that was only curable with four cases of two-foot-itis, so I now call a Niagara 35 home. I still owe AlanH a few referral fees (beers) for pointing this boat out to me the last time I attended an SSS meeting, and another beer or ten for the free repower that surprised both me and the seller of the Niagara -- after the contract was signed. "Solo" is over one year into post-purchase-project-mode, but I plan to do the SSS ocean races with it next year. Probably will keep my house away from the crash'em & smash'em bay races for now, not that Happiness and I were race regulars, either. And an SHTP is still on the bucket list. And someday, an itinerant cruise to everywhere. But before all that, there are miles of wiring to go before I sleep...

Of course, it should go without saying that while I'd like to recoup at least a little fraction of the silly boat bucks I put into the Cal over the years, the price is especially flexible for any SSS friends & family.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanikai View Post
    Of course, it should go without saying that while I'd like to recoup at least a little fraction of the silly boat bucks I put into the Cal over the years, the price is especially flexible for any SSS friends & family.
    Copy that. Dura Mater standing by. With chocolate

Name:  chocolate.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  307.6 KB
    Last edited by Philpott; 06-19-2020 at 09:15 PM.