Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SSS Race Committee update on rescheduled SH Farallones and Round The Rocks races

"We are currently planning to run the rescheduled 2020 Round The Rocks race on Saturday July 11th. We will confirm this date at the earliest possible opportunity." One week out...... do we have any idea if the race is on? I'm guess not as there is nothing on Jibeset.

At this point I'm just hoping for a Vallejo 1-2, though we'll all be sitting around the VYC in surgical masks, 6 feet from each other. But at least we would have sailed there.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

I received this today at 12:30, via Jibeset:

Hello Racers,

I am not the season race chair, but the board is pretty busy and we wanted to update the racing community. At this point we will not be having the RTR race this weekend (July 11). We will provide an update on a new date as soon as that is resolved. Each county has unique rules about social distancing, and this is a complicating factor in the planning of not only the crew rules, but also race committee attendance on race day.

Regards,

Brian Boschma

I don't know the complications of having a Race Committee but in regards to the competitors if the SSS is having difficulty in complying with the various social distancing regulations from different counties I suggest we simply eliminate Doublehanded racing. No crew, no issues, no?

Hello Solosailor (GN): Indeed that is under consideration and being discussed in a meeting on Thursday. I noticed the EYC is running a double / single race out of the Estuary, and the SeqYC (Redwood City) has a double/single series with a crew class ! But the crewed class is a prescribed bubble of folks that live/play together and cannot vary. I presume their county rules are governing these cases. In Bristish Columbia the Canadians are also following a bubble rule. You can have up to five colleagues that can be in a recreational bubble but you cannot allow outsiders into the bubble. This makes for easy contact tracing and isolation.
    SocialSailor (BB)

Thanks to the board for keep pressing during these challenging times. Cheers.