Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: SSS Race committee update on SHF Race Awards and rescheduled RTR

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    86

    Default SSS Race committee update on SHF Race Awards and rescheduled RTR

    SSS Race committee update on Singlehanded Farallones Race Awards and rescheduled Round The Rocks races:

    The virtual awards for the Singlehanded Farallones race will be this Thursday 7/16 @ 1930 via Zoom. Dial in details via an email from jibeset.

    The Round the Rocks race is now rescheduled for Saturday Aug 8th. There will be Singlehanded & Doublehanded fleets. Doublehanded racers must certify that they are part of a shared social circle i.e. family or those sheltering together. There will be separate courses for Singlehanded and Doublehanded fleets to avoid mark pile ups and close quarters upwind legs. We are still hoping to use the traditional start and finish lines at the Berkeley Circle and the Richmond Yacht Club.

    Regards,
    The SSS Board

    www.sfbaysss.org/main
    #singlehandedsailingsociety #singlehandedsailing
    #buglightforweirdos #shtp

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captleasure View Post
    The Round the Rocks race is now rescheduled for Saturday Aug 8th.
    yaaaay! I mean, 1.5 nm races out to the Bob Klein buoy and back are nice ... but I do miss those long races of ours. Thanks, RC!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    134

    Default Do we have the option of sailing DH course as a single hander

    Quote Originally Posted by captleasure View Post
    SSS Race committee update on Singlehanded Farallones Race Awards and rescheduled Round The Rocks races:

    The virtual awards for the Singlehanded Farallones race will be this Thursday 7/16 @ 1930 via Zoom. Dial in details via an email from jibeset.

    The Round the Rocks race is now rescheduled for Saturday Aug 8th. There will be Singlehanded & Doublehanded fleets. Doublehanded racers must certify that they are part of a shared social circle i.e. family or those sheltering together. There will be separate courses for Singlehanded and Doublehanded fleets to avoid mark pile ups and close quarters upwind legs. We are still hoping to use the traditional start and finish lines at the Berkeley Circle and the Richmond Yacht Club.

    Regards,
    The SSS Board

    www.sfbaysss.org/main
    #singlehandedsailingsociety #singlehandedsailing
    #buglightforweirdos #shtp
    As I have always requested in past years, I prefer to sail with my one design fleet that is majority DH'ers. Is that an option for me as a E27 SH?

    Archimedes

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    431

    Default

    I guess if you enter as doublehanded but it seems the singlehanders will be sailing a different course.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Also remember that there will be few of the usual doublehanded fleet that will be able to race with their regular crew unless they live together. So I imagine there will be a bunch more singlehanders as how many race with their partner or child? Not many I imagine.
    Last edited by solosailor; 07-18-2020 at 11:11 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Santa Rosa
    Posts
    584

    Default "Family" Crew?

    What? My message was too short? When did it become necessary to be long-winded to post a comment? So now I re-type. Who knew?

    Okay, here goes: My double handed family crew will be Woofer Broderick. He's 4 years old in dog years, but more like 28 in human years. His crew position will be "Lookout." If dogs can be trained to sniff out narcotics, bombs, and NOVID, why not a port tacking Express 27 attempting a too close crossing? "Woof, Woof, Woof, Woof, Woof" just like a tanker blowing 5 long blasts. He'll wear his doggy lifejacket with a tether, so will be legal that way, too. A paw print on the "I won't sue anyone for anything" form and his ID Chip # in case his body washes up on some remote atoll. They both work for his AKA Pedigree Certificate. He's one of a kind for sure! I hope I won't be disqualified because someone thinks his wagging tail is fanning the breeze in case the wind's light. ;-)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solosailor View Post
    Also remember that there will be few of the usual doublehanded fleet that will be able to race with their regular crew unless they live together. So I imagine there will be a bunch more singlehanders as how many race with their partner or child? Not many I imagine.
    I've been training my new crew... Its more like a voice activated autopilot

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •