Thread: SSS Race committee update on SHF Race Awards and rescheduled RTR

Default SSS Race committee update on SHF Race Awards and rescheduled RTR

SSS Race committee update on Singlehanded Farallones Race Awards and rescheduled Round The Rocks races:

The virtual awards for the Singlehanded Farallones race will be this Thursday 7/16 @ 1930 via Zoom. Dial in details via an email from jibeset.

The Round the Rocks race is now rescheduled for Saturday Aug 8th. There will be Singlehanded & Doublehanded fleets. Doublehanded racers must certify that they are part of a shared social circle i.e. family or those sheltering together. There will be separate courses for Singlehanded and Doublehanded fleets to avoid mark pile ups and close quarters upwind legs. We are still hoping to use the traditional start and finish lines at the Berkeley Circle and the Richmond Yacht Club.

Regards,
    The SSS Board

www.sfbaysss.org/main
    #singlehandedsailingsociety #singlehandedsailing
    #buglightforweirdos #shtp

Quote Originally Posted by captleasure View Post
    The Round the Rocks race is now rescheduled for Saturday Aug 8th.
    yaaaay! I mean, 1.5 nm races out to the Bob Klein buoy and back are nice ... but I do miss those long races of ours. Thanks, RC!

Default Do we have the option of sailing DH course as a single hander

Quote Originally Posted by captleasure View Post
    SSS Race committee update on Singlehanded Farallones Race Awards and rescheduled Round The Rocks races:

The virtual awards for the Singlehanded Farallones race will be this Thursday 7/16 @ 1930 via Zoom. Dial in details via an email from jibeset.

The Round the Rocks race is now rescheduled for Saturday Aug 8th. There will be Singlehanded & Doublehanded fleets. Doublehanded racers must certify that they are part of a shared social circle i.e. family or those sheltering together. There will be separate courses for Singlehanded and Doublehanded fleets to avoid mark pile ups and close quarters upwind legs. We are still hoping to use the traditional start and finish lines at the Berkeley Circle and the Richmond Yacht Club.

Regards,
    The SSS Board

www.sfbaysss.org/main
    #singlehandedsailingsociety #singlehandedsailing
    #buglightforweirdos #shtp
    As I have always requested in past years, I prefer to sail with my one design fleet that is majority DH'ers. Is that an option for me as a E27 SH?

Archimedes

I guess if you enter as doublehanded but it seems the singlehanders will be sailing a different course.

Also remember that there will be few of the usual doublehanded fleet that will be able to race with their regular crew unless they live together. So I imagine there will be a bunch more singlehanders as how many race with their partner or child? Not many I imagine.
    Last edited by solosailor; 07-18-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Default "Family" Crew?

What? My message was too short? When did it become necessary to be long-winded to post a comment? So now I re-type. Who knew?

Okay, here goes: My double handed family crew will be Woofer Broderick. He's 4 years old in dog years, but more like 28 in human years. His crew position will be "Lookout." If dogs can be trained to sniff out narcotics, bombs, and NOVID, why not a port tacking Express 27 attempting a too close crossing? "Woof, Woof, Woof, Woof, Woof" just like a tanker blowing 5 long blasts. He'll wear his doggy lifejacket with a tether, so will be legal that way, too. A paw print on the "I won't sue anyone for anything" form and his ID Chip # in case his body washes up on some remote atoll. They both work for his AKA Pedigree Certificate. He's one of a kind for sure! I hope I won't be disqualified because someone thinks his wagging tail is fanning the breeze in case the wind's light. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by solosailor View Post
    Also remember that there will be few of the usual doublehanded fleet that will be able to race with their regular crew unless they live together. So I imagine there will be a bunch more singlehanders as how many race with their partner or child? Not many I imagine.
    I've been training my new crew... Its more like a voice activated autopilot