Thread: Wyliecat questions from a new member

Default Wyliecat questions from a new member

Hi everybody.
    I am new to the forum. I have a few of Wyliecat questions I was hoping you all could help me out with. It seems like there are a few guy who have 30s that are active on here.

1.) What is the state of the in the Wyliecat fleet? How many wishbones are left in the bay area?
    2.) Are there any Wyliecats that need a new owner? Seems like the one in Hawaii just got sold.
    3.) Anyone know if Wyliecat would still build a boat? Seems like the operation is for sale and has not built a boat in while.

My background: I did a fair bit of sailing a decade ago inducing a couple of deliveries from Hawaii so SF and some coastal stuff. I did a bunch of work on a 36 ft Wylie cold molded boat (cutter rig) including a keel replacement and met Tom Wylie in the course of the work. I have been out on the Baylis (Wylie 65) but never on a 30 or 39. Also various boat building including my current boat a 22 ft plywood epoxy outboard skiff.

Thanks everybody!

[QUOTE=Badger27;26961]Hi everybody.
    I am new to the forum. I have a few of Wyliecat questions I was hoping you all could help me out with. It seems like there are a few guy who have 30s that are active on here.

1.) How many wishbones are left in the bay area? No wishbones available. But not rocket science to build one.
    3.) Anyone know if Wyliecat would still build a boat? "Wyliecat will not build a new boat for less than a million $" said a current owner. In other words, no.

Default Wyliecat 30 Question

Yes, there are active Wyliecat 30 on the Bay. Send me: broderic at sonic dot net

Pat Broderick
    Wyliecat 30 "NANCY" 28890