Thread: Round The Rocks - Aug. 8 - Registrations Open

Default Round The Rocks - Aug. 8 - Registrations Open

We have opened Jibeset registrations for the 2020 Round The Rocks race on Saturday August 8. Let us know through this thread if there are any questions or issues with the Jibeset registration form.

Some changes from previous years in light of social distancing requirements for both racers and race committee:
    1) Traditional start / finish lines at the Berkeley Circle and the Richmond YC, respectively
    2) Expanded number of starting fleets to allow management by skeleton RC
    3) Two courses to try to avoid pile-ups around marks (see SIs for fleet assignments, including Course 1 or 2)
    4) Requirement for all boats to record and report own finish times as backup for RC
    5) Limit of 80 doublehanded entries (on first-to-register basis)
    6) Doublehanded boats must self-certify that skipper + crew are members of the same household or social bubble - see 2020 RTR SIs and SSS COVID-19 Requirements documents (attached) for details

There will be a virtual skippers' meeting on Wednesday Aug. 5th, details to follow.

With luck, we will get this race off and get back to regularly scheduled races for the remainder of the season.

Tom Boussie
    2020 SSS Race Chair
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hmmm. I thought all the Singlehanders would be on one course and Doublehanders on another. The way this is setup doesn't allow for an overall Singlehanded or Doublehanded Race Trophy or season scoring to work at all.

Are you thinking about the DH non-spin boats on the SH course?

Without a (non-throwable) LongPac or SHTP in there, the season scoring is kinda screwed up anyway.

There is that..... and this races overall trophy. I also see Express SH & DH together.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    the season scoring is kinda screwed up anyway.
    Season Trophy “2020 The Year That Wasn’t”

And drop the Overall Trophy for the RTR? Put no one on the trophy even though we are having a race? It's an easy fix.

Anyone else having difficulty hogging intro registration for the race on Jibeset? I can't beyond just logging into Jibeset. I tried last night and I've tried over and over today. -- Pat

It looks like you sorted it out - I see Nancy is registered.

I sailed the R-T-R course today. Low 20's all afternoon and more flood than we'll have on the 8th. I'm sore. Really weird current around the Brothers - I got a little closer than intended!

I saw Scott on Beyond sailing the other way through Raccoon Strait. He probably wondered why my main looked whacked out - I was seeing if I could shake out a reef while sailing downwind. Yep!

Bob, I also sailed the RTR course. I was practicing spinnaker sailing with some new cleats I added. It was a reminder that when I do not practice spinnaker drills how messed up things can get. You looked good sailing down Raccoon Strait. I was very sore when I got home.

can someone post the skippers meeting zoom link? I can't find it in my inbox