Thread: Likely offline for a bit

Default Likely offline for a bit

I've got spinal surgery scheduled for Monday. It's not a high-risk thing and the prognoises is good for significant recovery of function in flexing my left ankle. However, I will be flat on My back and offline for two weeks, starting Monday....so don't burn the place down while I'm gone, eh?
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Best of luck Alan......will be rooting for you up here in the Great White North!!

I just did the 'recovery from surgery' thing lately myself. All went just fine.... sincerely hope you get over it as easily and quickly as I did

Jim

BEST OF LUCK, AND A QUICK AND COMPLETE RECOVERY, ALAN!!! - Tom Kirschbaum, Feral

Hey Alan,

Are you gonna have anything for your back like Sleddog had for his knee? I guess you wouldn't be "flat" on your back then, would you.

Word of advice: before you ask Joan to bring you another beer, first call her Princess. You'll get better results.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

They don't call me Scull Crusher Johnson for nothin.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

I got a "second opinion" from an orthopedic surgeon, who sent me to a neurologist for some electrodiagnostic testing. Upshot is, the damage that is messing up my left foot/ankle is in my knee, NOT in the dorsal nerve root. Therefore NO SURGERY. I just have to be patient and wait 1-6 months for whatever healing will naturally take place, to actually happen. Walking is difficult, but I can do it for extended periods, especially if I wear boots with lots of ankle support.

Some healing has occurred already. I can evert (twist sideways and outwards) my foot, though I can't flex it past mid-point. Two and a half weeks ago I couldn't evert it at all. So this is good....

YAY...so I will be on board for the Seminar on the 19th.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"