Thread: Future Race Planning (Longpac and SHTP)

Default Future Race Planning (Longpac and SHTP)

I realize many of these decisions probably haven't been made, but I thought I'd ask....

If we're doing an SHTP next year, is the LongPac off?
    If we do a SHTP next year, are we going to do one in 2022 as well, or shift from even years to odd years?

SHTP looms large on my 'to do' list, and since I'm doing more planning than sailing these days, I'm trying to make those plans as detailed as possible!

SHTP in odd-numbered years, LongPac in even-numbered years. Confirmed in other threads.

If there's no SHTP in 2021, things could change again.

Thanks, Bob!

With COVID still looming large, no apparent solution other than masks and distancing, one year from now we may still be in quarantine rules on the Hawaiian Islands. It is possible an argument can be made with the Hawaiian Government regarding using race time as a quarantine period. We would likely also insist on a pre start test for the virus. Allowing racers to avoid a two week stay aboard once in Kauai. However, family and friends that might want to be at the finish would still have to go through a quarantine period. This raises a question:

Would there be serious interest in racing to Hanalei Bay if guests that were flying over had to spend two weeks restricted to whatever accommodation they had arranged ? This would also apply to return crew.

Brian

I'd probably make the trip under those conditions. Though, honestly, my wife may tell me to wait two years because she loves Haneleai.