Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Round the Rocks 2020

Default Round the Rocks 2020

That was a race with good wind all day ... until that hole at the end. What's up with that? Who do I call to complain about it?

Also, it's Monday and I'm still tired. I need to get electric winches for Dura Mater.

And a remote. Just like for watching Netflix.

Name:  Eight Ball Remote.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  74.9 KB

Since you've got me feeling defensive, I want you to notice (no, not the hair) the handle in the winch. I ground my own jib sheets:

https://www.h2oshots.com/2020-Sailin...ocks/i-3bP4fj2

Be sure to check out the rest of Erik's "selects."
    Last edited by BobJ; 08-10-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Since my Electrician Magician has gone missing, do I understand that I can watch Wallander on my chart plotter while sheeting in my massive jib? "Paging Dr Tryon... "

Some voltage drop in my experience, but Kurt will pop back into Ystad after you get 'er trimmed.

(Bump) Any race reports?

Reposting here:

First Bay race with the boy as crew. He was very excited and a bit scared at the start, can't blame him, it was a pretty exciting experience with all the boats, the wind and the bump in the water. Fast and Fun day. A bit bummed the angle didn't hold to keep the kite up through the North Bay. Went back to white sails shortly after Racoon and re-hoisted about a mile from The Brothers.

We had the added excitement of breaking the main halyard as we were hoisting the main. Luckily it broke as it caught the lock inside the top of the mast. That meant we could go racing, but I had no way of unlocking the main to get it back down. After a trip up the rig, just made it to the forestay hound, I didn't think I could reach the top of the mast from the spinnakers fractional halyards. Its also freaking skinny up there on that rig. I came back down and instead we just quickly dropped the rig with the help of a couple of folks. Rig down, unlock the halyard, rig up, done. Should have been plan A.

Here is the kid rocking mid-teens on the way to the Richmond Bridge:

Finished at 2:36:05, little over 3 hours on course. Then proceeded to get a spanking crossing the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Travieso View Post
    First Bay race with the boy as crew.
    What a great kid! I remember when you came to an SSS meeting with him in a front pack. Yes? Nice to see him all growned up.

Had a wonderful Saturday rounding the rocks on the old boat; helping the new caretaker sail her fast. Thanks much SSS and fellow racers/sailors - it made a difference to my sailing summer and allowed me to enjoy her one more time.
    Without friends, none of this would be possible.

Dan, I was handed the helm of my uncles boat about that age. But it wasn't a JS9000! Outstanding!
    Black Jack, when Johnny L and I bought Pretty Penny at a lien auction in South Beach harbor for $500 way back when, all the paperwork called the boat an Easom 30. Built by Easom Boatworks.
    Hank stopped by once in the early days of renovation. He didn't seem excited at the work we had to do, having done it once before.