Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round the Rocks 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas View Post
    Dan, I was handed the helm of my uncles boat about that age. But it wasn't a JS9000! Outstanding!
    Black Jack, when Johnny L and I bought Pretty Penny at a lien auction in South Beach harbor for $500 way back when, all the paperwork called the boat an Easom 30. Built by Easom Boatworks.
    Hank stopped by once in the early days of renovation. He didn't seem excited at the work we had to do, having done it once before.
    My wife and I really love Pretty Penny. It is really the first boat my wife has cared about in all the boats we ever had. We sail her all the time with my son who soon will be gone enlisting into the navy. I am so glad you two saved her and brought her back to life. She is different than Lively Lady that I poured five years into, mixed a bit of blood into her fresh mahogany and epoxy and added so much love. These Mull boats have real souls and sail so well. They are such fine short handed boats. I look forward to sailing her in more single and doubled handed with this serious, fun group. With Pretty Penny I have visions of sailing her in the more demanding longer runs challenging myself and having a ball.

Forgive my video spamming but when we were sailing Lively Lady throughout the bay - her soul came alive and she tracked better than most.

Last edited by Black Jack; 08-14-2020 at 08:47 PM.
    Without friends, none of this would be possible.

Umm results ?

Prelim's are posted. Thanks Tom.

Wow , just look at all the DNF'S , people gunna be pissed they didn't read SI's better....
    See yall next time

There are mistakes. I phoned in on race day with our Finish Time and also submitted our Finish Time as requested via email by the Race Committee and then again via email. I'm preparing to file a protest against the Race Committee as the only means of proving we followed the Sailing Instructions. We will use the phone record as proof of the call. Pat Broderick NANCY Wyliecat 30 #28890.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylieguy View Post
    There are mistakes. I phoned in on race day with our Finish Time and also submitted our Finish Time as requested via email by the Race Committee and then again via email. I'm preparing to file a protest against the Race Committee as the only means of proving we followed the Sailing Instructions. We will use the phone record as proof of the call. Pat Broderick NANCY Wyliecat 30 #28890.
    Pat - I am sorry something set you off.

The SSS is one of few organizations that are persistent enough to hold official races under changing rules. I am not racing, but from my perspective, a big Thank You to the SSS volunteers would be a more appropriate response.

My view is never to disparage the volunteers. Their efforts are for the benefits of others.

Ants

If our 2020 season was an ice cream truck...

Name:  Gary Larson.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  88.7 KB

Thanks to Gary Larson for the cartoon, and to Tom for taking all the abuse.
    Last edited by BobJ; 08-19-2020 at 10:01 PM.

A 1:10 timelapse video of most of the race from my pushpit rail:

Hair looks good, man!

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Since you've got me feeling defensive, I want you to notice (no, not the hair) the handle in the winch. I ground my own jib sheets:

https://www.h2oshots.com/2020-Sailin...ocks/i-3bP4fj2

Be sure to check out the rest of Erik's "selects."

One last post, with the crew's writeup:

https://jetstreamracing.blogspot.com...und-rocks.html