Thread: What if a guy went sailing this weekend.......

Default What if a guy went sailing this weekend.......

Say for instance that guy were to sail past an X buoy around 9 AM ish on Saturday, the one that you can see if you happened to be having a beer at the Golden Gate YC, and head on out the gate. Maybe hook a right around Point Bonita and sail as far as the protected waters of Drake's Bay. Once there, he could enjoy a quiet solitary evening at anchor......or maybe run into some friends coincidentally? Then sail back the next morning. I don't know....just musings of a land locked and over heated sailor. Thoughts??
    Last edited by bendoolittle; 08-17-2020 at 06:01 PM.

You must have looked at the equipment list. Do you need a lot of stuff or just a couple of things?

saw your other post about YRA races where you reference "the weekend after the Drake's Bay Race"........so now I am confused......is Drake's Bay on? not seeing sign ups, calendar has no links.....etc. Let me know what I missed! Like I said.......107 degrees in Sac for too many days straight, I can't see through the sweat.

SSS Drake's Bay is live on Jibeset:

Here you go.
    Last edited by BobJ; 08-19-2020 at 10:30 AM.

my mistake.....well there you go......so a guy CAN go sailing to Drake's Bay and maybe run into some friends........now to make sure I have all the gear!! ; )

thanks

bd

Quote Originally Posted by bendoolittle View Post
    my mistake.....well there you go......so a guy CAN go sailing to Drake's Bay and maybe run into some friends........now to make sure I have all the gear!! ; )

thanks

bd
    I found this very confusing. Poor Ben Doolittle. Why isn't he on E Dock at RYC where he can simply turn to the sailor in the next slip and ask whether the SSS race is on? And if he needs equipment? We would lend it.

May have to install an inverter on Pork Chop to plug in the air purifier. Hopefully this ugliness clears up.
    Not a great time to be taxing the upper respiratory system with ash.
    Last edited by everydaysailor; 08-19-2020 at 07:25 PM.