Thread: 2020 Island Tour Regatta

Default 2020 Island Tour Regatta

There's still time to sign up for the 2020 Island Tour Regatta. Doublehanded crews are well represented, but could use a lot more singlehanded entries. Currently at 77 boats entered, registration closes tomorrow at noon:

https://www.jibeset.net/YRA000.php?RG=T009117788

That was a great race with a solid fleet of 80 boats - many long-time YRA folks and some tight one-design classes.

Results were posted about an hour after the last boat finished. The Buffalo beat us by 14 seconds.

Default Clash of the Titans

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    . Results were posted about an hour after the last boat finished. The Buffalo beat us by 14 seconds.
    Whoa! If we ever have another Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race that will be the race within a race to watch.

I chatted with Jim just before you all left RYC yesterday (and there were ALOT of big expensive sails leaving Richmond yesterday). We talked about windvanes and I asked if Green Buffalo had ever had one. Jim shook his head slowly and gave that Quanci grin: "No, Jackie. I'm a racer." Well, I guess so.

IO vs Eight Ball would be the interesting matchup. I know, I know. Apples and oranges.
    Last edited by Philpott; 08-30-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    IO vs Eight Ball would be the interesting matchup. I know, I know. Apples and oranges.
    Oh, if only you knew.

I was very sorry to hear from Fred that Zenaida got a bit too close to Red Rock - actually a LOT too close. Emergency haul-out scheduled at KKMI.