Thread: Anyone here compete in the Silverrudder?

Default Anyone here compete in the Silverrudder?

Silverrudder Challenge of the Sea is an annual single-handed sailing event that goes round the island of Funen in Denmark close to the time of the autumn equinox. Silverrudder Challenge of the Sea is the world's biggest singlehanded offshore category 3 regatta in terms of the number of participants. The regatta begins and ends at the town of Svendborg, located at the most southern part of the island of Funen in Denmark.

https://silverrudder.com/

It looks like a fun, interesting race. Considering the number and kinds of boats - it would not take much to enter. Winning of course is a different story. Having a boat to cruise the summer, prep and practice between Germany and Denmark would wonderful.
    Last edited by Black Jack; 09-21-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    Without friends, none of this would be possible.

Former SSS regular Dirk Husselman moved back to Holland and bought a Seascape 27 has done the race several times.

As far as I can tell - No American registered boats have been listed and entered the challenge. A light wind boat like a Moore 24SC that fits in a container might be able to finish plus provide some cruising/race options to the Europe for spring and summer prior at a reasonable cost.

Shipping one's loved boat over there might make the whole thing sweeter. Working on getting reasonable pricing on that too - i currently figure the same as a SSS Transpac if one includes shipping home, fees, certs, education, taking time off to manage the whole summer adventure. Leaving a boat there during the age of covid - a place on one's boat in Europe would not be bad planning for the next two summers at least.

I'll reach out to Dirk if I can.
    Last edited by Black Jack; 09-24-2020 at 09:38 AM.
    Without friends, none of this would be possible.