Thread: HMB Results + Vallejo 1-2 Update

Default HMB Results + Vallejo 1-2 Update

Results for the HMB race have been posted on Jibeset.

Only 9 boats started. Perfectly understandable given the confusing re-schedule, limited social interaction in HMB, and the 30 kt offshore wind forecast on Sat and Sun. Looks like tacking out was the right call.

We are working on the logistics of the Vallejo 1-2. This is complicated by the fact that the Vallejo YC and harbor is not available. We are looking into keeping the Vallejo 1-2 format, or potentially alternative destinations. We plan on keeping the Oct. 17-18 date, and we will post race details as soon as we have a plan finalized.

Do you want me to check about coming into my home town (Benicia)? The slips wouldn't be free and we'd have to go find our own dinner, but there should be some options.

Bob,

We are open to all options. The concern with Benicia was channel water depth and ability to accommodate 40+ boats. Please check out and let me know.

Tom

Default Updated HMB Results

Dan Wiley contacted me to report that he miss-read the time he scribbled down with 25 kts on the beam crossing the finish line. 15:51:30 rather than 15:31:30. Re-scored. Now nice overall results inversely correlated to PHRF rating. Great job Randy!

SSS RC
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow! That’s a 1st first overall finish ever for Tortuga! I’ve had a couple first in class over the years, but not a first overall! Stoked! Daniel and I traded places a few times during the race so it was exciting for sure!
    I was kicking myself for not flying my biggest jib, but the CF at the finish if I had had that sail up would have been disastrous!

Congratulations !

For Vallejo 1-2 I suggest finish on the same line we use of the range off Vallejo YC deck and boats berth at Vallejo Municipal Marina. SDK

Before considering the Vallejo Municipal Marina, I suggest a close look at water depths. Someone at the VYC probably knows. Some VYC members keep their boats there. The last time I tried the "new" section I got dragged into the berth with some help. I got up especially early to get out while there was water.