Thread: Three Bridge Fiasco

Default Three Bridge Fiasco

So how many entries did we get?

Default Current Entry Totals for the 2009 Three Bridge Fiasco

Thanks for asking,

We currently have 313 registered entries in the regatta manager system as of 1-23-2009 at 7 a.m.

The registration close date is 1-29-2009 so there is still time to get a few more entries.

I hope everyone is looking forward to the race as much as I am no matter what the weather is like. The collision of two storm fronts might be a nice changeup.

Matt

Default Awesome race, dudes!

I would like to commend Max and his RC crew for a truly wonderful 3BF race, and specifically for the persistent shipping traffic updates through out the day. At one point mid afternoon after a ship exited Oakland and passed under the Bay Bridge I heard the ships Captain radio the RC thanking them for communicating his intentions to the fleet and allowing him clear passage. The SSS is very fortunate to have such dedicated *volunteer* members that allow the rest of us to enjoy this wonderful sailing venue of San Francisco Bay. You have my deepest appreciation.

Stellar job!

Synthia
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I would like to commend Max and his RC crew for a truly wonderful 3BF race, and specifically for the persistent shipping traffic updates through out the day. At one point mid afternoon after a ship exited Oakland and passed under the Bay Bridge I heard the ships Captain radio the RC thanking them for communicating his intentions to the fleet and allowing him clear passage. The SSS is very fortunate to have such dedicated *volunteer* members that allow the rest of us to enjoy this wonderful sailing venue of San Francisco Bay. You have my deepest appreciation.

Stellar job!

Synthia
    I'd like to echo Synthia's kudos. For the absolute mob scene that this race should have been, something resembling order emerged and a whole lot of people had a lot of fun. That's all due to the hard work and patience of a handful of volunteers, without which we be screwed.

THANK YOU to the RC, and to Max and Thom for all your work in making the 3BF happen! We had a blast because of YOUR hard work.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Thanks you guys. I also want to pass along a big thank you to the large and dedicated crew that were on the race deck, and name them so they're not anonymous:

For the start:
    Tom Lacher
    Anya Gardiner (wife of one of our racers, I don't recall who)
    Steen Moller

For the finish:
    Fred Minning
    Peter Jones
    Bruce Schwab
    Bill Cook

And all day:
    Christine Weaver
    Pam Canales
    Rick & Connie Nelson

Buy these folks a drink sometime.

Max

Default Beer is on me...

I'll be more than happy to get a couple pitchers for the RC volunteers at the trophy meeting. Awesome job guys! Max, you better stop doing such a good job. If you keep this up it'll be that much harder to find a replacement....

dan