Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Berkeley Sunday Midwinters

Hi Stephen,

In past years the NOR stated that single and double-handed divisions were only available for the Sunday series. This year the Express 27 fleet agreed to race double-handed both days and this caused some other shorthanders to enter the Saturday series. AFAIK there's no reason you can't race singlehanded in both series - Paul Sutchek appears to be doing that.

Where do you (or will you) keep your boat?

Richmond YC. I will probably go poking around the boat when it gets in the water sometime next week to see if my master plan of going racing on the first time I've seen my boat in a year is actually workable.

Stink Eye signed up for the Tiburon Yacht Club Wild Turkey Race on Black Friday Nov. 27th. It looks like fun.nr.pdf

Got it.

I realized I'd forgotten to ever apply for a rating, so I just did that (couldn't make the Jibeset site do it, but emailed all the data to the info email address for YRA) and if I can get some kind of provisional number I'll come out and play ASAP. I think someone had a SF3200 in the Bay not long ago so there should be a stock rating on file somewhere. Is there someone I should call to get a temp number? I don't really care what it is, I just want to play.

Get in get in touch with Laura Munoz at YRA, info@yra.org, 415-771-9500 (M-Th 0930-1530, F 0930-1230).
    The only Sunfast in the database is a 3600 (INVICTUS) at 30 sec/mi.
    FWIW...

I have a rating!!

I'd like to enter the singlehanded class, but parental responsibility may impede this slightly. What does the wisdom of the competitors here think of me racing notionally singlehanded despite the presence on board of a non-contributing 7 year old?

If it will enable you to race I don't personally have a problem with it (for this casual series.) However it's not up to any of us here - you'd need to contact Berkeley Yacht Club's race committee.

I will try to make the next one as long as the Governor does not shut down the state to water activities. Stay at home orders are going to be quite limiting. 3 weeks at home...
    Last edited by Black Jack; 12-03-2020 at 01:42 PM.
    Without friends, none of this would be possible.

RC is okay with it, so if my competition is all right, I'm going to be almost entirely singlehanded come this Sunday! See you guys out there.

It was a fun but frustrating day for me on Stink Eye for the December race. I had some mechanical problems before the start, thought is was going to be windy so had a useless reef going to the windward mark and flubbed the 4 minute start sequence. Surprise did a great job and it was nice to see Fugu on the course. Death from behind with Paul is going to be hard to beat. And it's nice to see the Sunfast in the rain going fast. See you next month.