Thread: Announcement: Board is meeting this Thursday, Dec. 17 @ at 7 p.m.

Default Announcement: Board is meeting this Thursday, Dec. 17 @ at 7 p.m.

In order to present a less secret society and to prevent another "S" added to the club's name, the board is announcing the meeting and the business to be discussed.

Agenda for Dec. 17:

Adopt Dec. 3 meeting minutes and decide how to best make available
    -Old business
    o Donation amounts to youth & community sailing before year end.
    o YRA fees owed and/or paid for SSS members sailing under our club
    o Race registration software alternatives
    -President’s update
    -Treasurer’s update
    -Quartermaster's (Secretary) update
    -Race Chair's update
    -Communications Officer's update
    -Race Information Officer's update
    -SHTP Chair's update

New Business
    o Board consolidation from 7 members to 5 members for 2021
    o Present qualifications for 3 Treasurer and 3 Race Information Officer candidates
    o Vote for Candidates
    o Powered Winches/Power Assisted vessels - discuss YRA benchmark and survey to membership
    o Quarterly Latitude ads to promote single handing/short handing and upcoming seminars & guest speakers.
    o Speakers & Podcast preparations and scheduling
    o 3 bridge Fiasco preparations
    o SHTP Seminar series
    o Treasure’s transition of accounts & documents
    o Race Information Officer’s transition of accounts & documents

Joe Balderrama
    SSS Commodore
    Last edited by Submarino; 12-15-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Commodore Balderrama,
    I host a weekly 7:00 - 8:30 Zoom meeting so am unable to attend the SSS meeting tomorrow. What catches my eye is the old business item: race registration software alternatives. If there is consideration of leaving Jibeset I want to be part of that discussion. I race using Jibeset, USSA, and the CYCs registration/race info programs. By far the easiest and most informed is Jibeset. I've always found Ray helpful.
    I am also seriously interested in the power wind issue. Power sheet, spinnaker, etc. winches should have their own division. Period!!!! i'm okay with power halyard winches.
    Thanks, Pat Broderick, "NANCY" Wyliecat 30

Hi Pat -
    Though I'm pretty sure Joe's post was not an invite, but more of an information transmission, I enthusiastically applaud the transparency.
    Bonus points for posting it here!

In that spirit, I'll take the opportunity to second your comments above re Jibeset and powered winches.

DH

Hi Pat,
    Yes, it was posted to be informational, thank you, DH. The board meeting is limited to board members and staff, but there will be key issue surveys to gather information. The Dec. 3rd meeting minutes were approved and will be posted here soon. I do check the forum regularly and I can be contacted at commodore@sfbaysss.org, else members/participants can contact a specific board member on the "contacts" web page.

Last night's Dec. 17 meeting minutes will be adopted at the next monthly meeting and be posted afterwards here as well. As a preview, I can share that a survey will be sent to all 2020 SSS race participants asking about the powered winch/powered assisted vessel issue. Also, the software registration alternatives agenda item has been tabled until further notice. Plus, a new treasurer and new RIO were elected. Announcement to follow on main web page once the electees have formally accepted.

Thanks and it's good to see the discussions here,

Joe Balderrama
    SSS Commodore
    Last edited by Submarino; 12-18-2020 at 10:26 AM.