Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three Bridge Fiasco 2021

Default Three Bridge Fiasco 2021

Pardon my inability,

Can't find yet a link for the Fiasco's registrations...
    I own a screen and a laptop but sometimes my misoneism takes over.
    Thanks for the responses.
    It would be my first, I am and will be more than grateful if you had any pointers.
    (I am also ready to sign up for the next many years to feel like what it is to achieve a Fiasco.).

Happy New Winds to you all!
    Last edited by BobJ; 01-08-2021 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Correct race name

Hi,
    The race registration is not open yet, but as soon as it is, announcements will be made on the main website, facebook, forums and via jibeset for past season racers (2019 & 2020).

Looking forward to seeing you out there. It is often the first race for many and was my first in 2004. I finished in the dark at 19:00:30 and wondered why I did not get a horn. I will let the members here chime in with advice.

Joe Balderrama
    Express 27 "Archimedes"
    SSS Commodore

And yes thank you the registration is on:
    https://www.jibeset.net/JACKY000.php?RG=T009335991
    I just have to know if I do Double or solo ...
    Part of the recent sf bay sss has a question about a solo start from the Berkeley circle. Is that acted?
    Last edited by Boulouf; 01-06-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Just heard three bridge will be SH only...true?

I know the RegattaPro midwinters were cancelled (postpones) since the permit required same household only..... no social bubble with masks anymore and strict Race Committee requirements.

There’s a few of us sailor couples out here. We could do a couples division? Same household only?

And some race with their children, roommates, etc.

I understand that the Coast Guard or county health authorities may have mandated "singlehanded only". I get that. I just spent over $200 on clothing so I could be safe sailing doublehanded on a Hobie 20, so if that's true I'm going to be ~rather frustrated~.

Not that I can't use the stuff in other ways, but I would have purchased very different gear, later, if the 3BF was going to be solo, only.

If this decision is true, think about it. 340 total boats last year +/-. Roughly 300 were doublehanded. That's 600 sailors waiting on this decision. I'm sure you're aware of this, but a post or two on the forum about it will go a long way towards easing upset, anger, and frustration.
    Last edited by AlanH; 01-08-2021 at 11:48 AM.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    I understand that the Coast Guard or county health authorities may have mandated "singlehanded only". I get that. I just spent over $200 on clothing so I could be safe sailing doublehanded on a Hobie 20, so if that's true I'm going to be ~rather frustrated~.

Not that I can't use the stuff in other ways, but I would have purchased very different gear, later, if the 3BF was going to be solo, only.
    From the YRA perspective (Laura has been through this with the CG many times), they want singe households on boats. they don't care if its 1 or 10 if they all share the same domicile and can prove it. the more people on the boat, the more likely they'll check.

Perhaps they've said something else to SSS but that's what they've told YRA.

bw

The 3BF goes through four different Counties: San Francisco, Marin, Contra Costa and Alameda. So it could be health officials from one or more of those counties that is the issue.

I wonder if I can return the wetsuit shorty I bought so I could sail in the winter on a Hobie 20. I can use the paddling jacket as a backup foul weather top and a rowing top, and the rash guard is just a pricey, stretchy screaming orange t-shirt. So those are usable. The blisteringly ugly open water swimming, neoprene cap is....blisteringly ugly, but it was only $20 so no biggie. But that 3 mm. shorty was a bit of cash.

Ah, well. Patience, Alan.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"