Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three Bridge Fiasco 2021

LATEST NEWS
    1/08/2021
    3 Bridge Fiasco Update
    After discussing and considering the current Covid-19 situation & compliance with the Regional Stay-At-Home Order, the SSS board has decided to change the upcoming Three Bridge Fiasco race to Singlehanded-ONLY and will not have a Doublehanded division.

The decision was reached by taking into consideration the risks for the needed additional race committee personnel as well as issues with having boats race with mixed households onboard.

Additionally, there will be a limitation of 125 entries.

As we look forward to running our traditional, well attended Singlehanded and Doublehanded remaining races in 2021, no definitive decision can be made regarding DH entries in future races. That will be evaluated based on the state of COVID restriction in place at that time.

We expect registration to open within the next couple of days. It will be announced here, across the SSS platforms and on Jibeset.

Thank you for your patience!

Meanwhile, to help prepare you for your first Singlehanded race, reach out to the SSS forum members or check the Resources link for “Thoughts, Tips, Techniques and Tactics for Singlehanded Sailing,” by Andrew Evans.

Joe Balderrama
    SSS Commodore

Hobie 20
    A Hobie 20 can get a PHRF and race with the SSS? Don't recall seeing beach cats out there racing before.

Quote Originally Posted by solosailor View Post
    A Hobie 20 can get a PHRF and race with the SSS? Don't recall seeing beach cats out there racing before.
    I was assuming that George McKay could get a mphrf cert and we'd race in a division with other multis. He seemed confident that was possible. Me? I know nothing.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

I think the SSS has made a wise, though difficult decision. Let’s not forget that there are much more important things happening in the world than our little sailboat races. But if you can, get out and race! I’m looking forward to my first singlehanded three bridge.

Count me in for a Race Committee shift...AM... I can bring a table, chairs and a pop-up tent if the GGYC is not available. I also have a portable gasoline generator.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

If power is needed I have a rolling Pelican case with a 12V, 100Ah lithium pack, 120V inverter, etc.

"I wonder if I can return the wetsuit shorty I bought so I could sail in the winter on a Hobie 20."

I sure wouldn't take back a used wet suit.

Registration is open.124 spots left.

123!

Thanks everyone for your patience!

As Everydaysailor says, jibeset is now open.

https://www.jibeset.net/JACKY000.php?RG=T009335991

JB