Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SHTP 2021 - From the Race Deck

The white hook on red background completely escapes me - clearly I am too inbred All I can think of is the Soviet hammer & sickle, which doesn't make sense in this context.

Red markings meant "mistake!" when you received your graded essay back...

- rob/beetle

Quote Originally Posted by tiger beetle View Post
    The white hook on red background completely escapes me
    this

That still doesn't help. I can see the white hook, but how does having that hook on a red (faux-leather?) background answer Bob's query as regards red letters on Jacquie's list?

Confused...

- rob

Referencing the gist of the origin thread, I believe it's about what YOU see in the hook.

So what your SSS Rorschach reveals is confusion based on literal interpretation of context... very interesting.

***^the above is an attempt at sarcastic humor, which I am perfectly well aware rarely translates on the web. I mean no offense!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Referencing the gist of the origin thread, I believe it's about what YOU see in the hook.

So what your SSS Rorschach reveals is confusion based on literal interpretation of context... very interesting.
    OK - I feel better now: the hook on the red background has nothing to do with Bob's question regarding the entry list Jackie has been maintaining. I something of a literalist and don't spend time looking for "hidden meaning" - I make a terrible conspiracy theorist.

People are really good at creating structure, patterns, and meaning out of nothing (e.g., clouds that look like elephants, Rorschach ink blots). I try not to do that and instead want the evidence.

Thanks! As Freud might have said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". Or perhaps it was Schrodinger's Cat that said that

And it appears that Jackie did not answer Bob's question.

- rob

Oh, she did.

Fix the year in this sub-forum's header and I'll give you the answer.

Because I'm also a literalist. It's just silly that this hasn't been fixed.

Request sent to the SSS webmaster to make that update. I do not know if any of my login information is still valid, and even if I could login I certainly wouldn't go into the forum and do anything without specific request/permission from the current webmaster.

- rob

And my email to webmaster@sfbaysss.org bounced. Something is not set up correctly, either the SSS Contact page is incorrect or internally the SSS site is not correctly handing incoming email to that address. I've sent a note along to Joe Balderrama to let him know.

- rob/beetle

Welcome to our world.

When this finally gets fixed, all shall be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    When this finally gets fixed, all shall be revealed.
    It's fixed. Now spill the beans...

- rob/beetle