Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three Bridge Fiasco Initial Stats

Default Three Bridge Fiasco Initial Stats

A quick update on the race today.* Altogether a very good race with a large percentage of boats finishing and decent wind all day.

Numbers:
    - 124 final registrants
    - 116 check-ins
    - 89 finishers

One skipper overboard with two racers providing assistance. Everyone safe and details to follow.

First to finish and first multihull: Mamma Tried (Open 8.5) at 15:24:19
    First monohull: 1FA (J-70) at 15:37:21

Thanks to the race deck volunteers!

Which way to go this year? Counterclockwise.
    Last edited by BobJ; 02-01-2021 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Adjust thread title

Many thanks to the race committee!
    Name:  IMG_2692.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  92.8 KB
    I didn't even notice the "Three Bridges" at Safeway this morning.

Sunrise Fiasco 2021

Maybe it's a harbinger of good things to come

Name:  Fiasco 2021 - Copy.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  273.8 KB

Okay, play it close to the vest until the results are out if you want, but here's my take on the day: I had a terrific time. Plenty of food and besides, Dura Mater and I finished! This was our fourth try and first finish. We averaged 3 knots all day, with some heart stopping bursts because of the 10 knots that we saw only very occasionally.

It was cold, yes. But it didn't rain. I had some saved leftovers from the refrigerator: grilled eel from Ryku up the street, duck confit from RYC friday night dinner. Oh, and those cookies Andy gave me just before the start. Thanks, Andy.

Here is our track.

Name:  Fiasco track 2021.png
Views: 2009
Size:  193.1 KB

Thank you, Ray. I'm proud of it because there are no miscellaneous squiggles like usually, when I tend to get distracted. Oh, and here is a photo of Ed Ruszel and Melissa on their boat.

Name:  Ed and Melissa.jpg
Views: 2351
Size:  373.0 KB

We were all floating slowly south from Red Rock in the afternoon when Ed and Melissa motored by to say hi to first one, then the other laggards.

Thank you again to everyone on the race committee. Remember that they didn't have a nice warm clubhouse. They stood there on the seawall all day for us.
    Last edited by Philpott; 01-31-2021 at 01:09 PM.

The track of a finisher is always cherished!

Congratulations!

Ants

Default 3bf

Jackie
    It was great to see you at red rock! That was one of many pleasant conversations I had on the racecourse yesterday. The camaraderie on Sss races is always second to none. I always get really excited when I see a familiar face out there.
    For my part, I only had a sandwich at treasure island and didn’t have a chance to eat again until after the finish. This is not recommended ! It was a battle the whole way. Congratulations to all who finished. This is my first singlehanded three bridge !
    Rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Okay, play it close to the vest until the results are out if you want, but here's my take on the day: I had a terrific time. Plenty of food and besides, Dura Mater and I finished! This was our fourth try and first finish. We averaged 3 knots all day, with some heart stopping bursts because of the 10 knots that we saw only very occasionally.

It was cold, yes. But it didn't rain. I had some saved leftovers from the refrigerator: grilled eel from Ryku up the street, duck confit from RYC friday night dinner. Oh, and those cookies Andy gave me just before the start. Thanks, Andy.

Here is our track.

Thank you, Ray. I'm proud of it because there are no miscellaneous squiggles like usually, when I tend to get distracted. Oh, and here is a photo of Ed Ruszel and Melissa on their boat.

Name:  Ed and Melissa.jpg
Views: 2351
Size:  373.0 KB

We were all floating slowly south from Red Rock in the afternoon when Ed and Melissa motored by to say hi to first one, then the other laggards.

Thank you again to everyone on the race committee. Remember that they didn't have a nice warm clubhouse. They stood there on the seawall all day for us.

thanks race committee!!

Photos 3BF

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...39I-U346R3eciW

https://vimeo.com/506908672

Larry Baskin
    Bullet Express 37

Link no bueno Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post

Here is our track.

Dura Mater looked GREAT, sailing upwind to the finish!
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

That was the first time I’ve single handed in around 6 years i think, and back then the boat had a stack pack and roller furler. And i was younger...

It was a fun day and i was glad to finish. Went counter-clockwise and that sure seemed the right way. Some drifting on the berkeley circle en route to red rock, but nice breeze from raccoon to blackaller. A lot of kite/snuffer issues; makes me appreciate the fine young folks who usually gently usher me off the foredeck when i venture there. (“Get lost bob!”)

I want to shout out to Jim Quanci, Bob Johnston, and Dave Herrigel. These fine gentleman saw the disarray i left the boat in (i was tired!) and folded my #1 for me before I got there Sunday to clean up. I don’t know if they were just being kind, or couldn’t stand the mess, or knew I’d be asking for help anyway, but either way, thanks guys! It was much appreciated. Free beer on Sea Star anytime.

And thanks to the RC and SSS team for making this happen. I suspect the largest single-handed keelboat regatta, ever. Very impressive.

Bw
    Sea Star