Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three Bridge Fiasco Initial Stats

Nice video Larry.....found me just to your starboard underneath the Bay Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by bobwalden View Post

I want to shout out to Jim Quanci, Bob Johnston, and Dave Herrigel. These fine gentleman saw the disarray i left the boat in (i was tired!) and folded my #1 for me before I got there Sunday to clean up. I don’t know if they were just being kind, or couldn’t stand the mess, or knew I’d be asking for help anyway, but either way, thanks guys! It was much appreciated. Free beer on Sea Star anytime.

And thanks to the RC and SSS team for making this happen. I suspect the largest single-handed keelboat regatta, ever. Very impressive.

Bw
    Sea Star

That is super neighborly Bob. When I got back to Brisbane late Saturday night I was received by a snarling dog from a neighboring boat, and some awoken live aboards with hi power flashlights wondering who the heck was motoring in. Not unlike the receipt I received when I left at zero dark thirty to head for the start line.

Brian

It's never too late to come back to RYC, Brian. E Dock/Singlehanded Row is waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    It's never too late to come back to RYC, Brian. E Dock/Singlehanded Row is waiting for you.
    I re consider that move from RYC every time I sail to a race start line. That gets weighed against lost time tacking up 880 from L.G. to go work on the boat.

I love Brickyard/Richmond but the 0500 wake up to make the start(s) was no fun this round.
    Brian, our longtime renter at Pier 39 E dock recently bailed- 45 ft slip, no snarling dogs, mellow neighbors.
    Put some backing plates on your cleats for winter add snubbers and you're good.
    You can wander over to G dock pre race and grab a scone from me or Randy then saunter up to the start at a respectable
    hour! Just a thought. Parking is cheap for tenants.

On a more serious note, I've corresponded with a couple other skippers who also rounded Blackaller first. We have doubts that all the boats who went to Red Rock first, rounded Blackaller before finishing. We saw many of you parked up at Red Rock who had not rounded Blackaller with us. After we all sailed down around YBI, most crossed the finish line. If you were in that group and didn't go out and round Blackaller before finishing, we hope you'll do the honorable thing and notify the race committee of your withdrawal.

There were also several boats observed inside the "fence" off the Long Wharf or close to the Coast Guard Depot at YBI. It will be interesting to see the results and compare them to photos and race reports. Again, if you need to withdraw, please contact the Race Committee.
    Last edited by BobJ; 02-01-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Name:  image_2021_02_02T04_46_36_818Z.png
Views: 2309
Size:  774.7 KBName:  image_2021_02_02T04_45_59_708Z.png
Views: 2131
Size:  536.8 KBName:  image_2021_02_02T04_46_14_433Z.png
Views: 2268
Size:  634.0 KB

From the estuary, red express 27 on the sunrise, the Mull 30 sisters underway to the start line and made the finish...

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    On a more serious note, I've corresponded with a couple other skippers who also rounded Blackaller first. We have doubts that all the boats who went to Red Rock first, rounded Blackaller before finishing. We saw many of you parked up at Red Rock who had not rounded Blackaller with us. After we all sailed down around YBI, most crossed the finish line. If you were in that group and didn't go out and round Blackaller before finishing, we hope you'll do the honorable thing and notify the race committee of your withdrawal.

There were also several boats observed inside the "fence" off the Long Wharf or close to the Coast Guard Depot at YBI. It will be interesting to see the results and compare them to photos and race reports. Again, if you need to withdraw, please contact the Race Committee.
    Bob, given the nature of your contention, and those of the hidden racers you contacted, I have attached a protest form. Also you can acquire one at https://www.ussailing.org/wp-content...otest-Form.pdf. FYI, I rounded Red Rock on my first leg. You are welcome to protest me.

Name:  ProtestForm.png
Views: 505
Size:  73.4 KB

Nice sun rise .

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    Bob, given the nature of your contention, and those of the hidden racers you contacted, I have attached a protest form. Also you can acquire one at https://www.ussailing.org/wp-content...otest-Form.pdf. FYI, I rounded Red Rock on my first leg. You are welcome to protest me.

Name:  ProtestForm.png
Views: 505
Size:  73.4 KB
    That's a strange response. Are you saying you didn't go out to Blackaller?