Thread: YRA DH series w/SSS???

Default YRA DH series w/SSS???

So the YRA starts a new DH series and are using several SSS races as part of it. This really sucks for those of us that would like to do the YRA series but are racing solo in the SSS. I already sent YRA an email suggesting they use a different date so people can race with the YRA and SSS series.
    Last edited by solosailor; 01-31-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Given the health situation and challenges with race committee logistics and staffing, the Board concluded last night that we are unable to move forth with the planned SSS/YRA 4 race series partnership. I notified YRA this morning. Their purpose is not to compete with the SSS but rather to provide more DH opportunities to the sailing community - a good thing!

Joe Balderrama
    SSS Commodore
    Last edited by Submarino; 02-04-2021 at 10:22 PM.

And this means what ???

Joe should answer the above^, but I understood it to mean resetting to status-quo-ante -
    eg the SSS races are separate from the YRA DH calendar.

DH

This was part of a YRA e-mail I received a week ago:

"Update- Revised Doublehanded Series Dates!

If there is one thing this pandemic has taught us, it's got to be how to be nimble and adapt to the constant need to change the best laid plans...

Due to some logistics issues with Covid, we've had to change up our new Double-Handed Series. The good news? It's still definitely happening!

The 2 SSS races, the Corinthian and Round the Rocks race, are no longer part of the series. Those 2 dates are being rescheduled and replaced with 2 new doublehanded only YRA races. we will get the new schedule of dates out as soon as possible. We're planning a kick off date of March 14th for the 1st race. Stay tuned for more info!"

Bob is correct, we are back to our normal business. Our Corinthian and Round the Rock Races will NOT be part of the YRA 4 series championship. -JB