Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get ready to register for Corinthians starting tomorrow, Sat. Feb. 6

Default Get ready to register for Corinthians starting tomorrow, Sat. Feb. 6

Registration for the SSS Corinthian Race will open on Feb. 6 in the AM. Please READ below carefully since priority will be given to current SSS members first.

Sat and Sun race registration will be for current SSS members only.

But, on Sat and Sunday, you may elect to become an SSS member and register for the race.

Monday & forward will be registration for any single race entries (in other words non SSS members) or those who may have missed the Sat and Sunday opportunities.

Corinthians will be open to both Singlehanded and Doublehanded entries.

There will be a 150 boat entry limit.

There will be NO waitlist.

The start and finish will be at the X buoy off the GGYC sea wall.

Course is GGYC “X” start, Blackaller, Southampton, Little Harding, Blossom and GGYC “X” finish. (RC may set up a second course (but similar) to separate SH & DH divisions, TBD).

Thank you and if you have not done so, remember to contact YRA early to renew or apply for a 2021 PHRF certificate.

https://www.jibeset.net/JACKY000.php?RG=T006050885
    Last edited by Submarino; 02-06-2021 at 07:44 AM.

Hi there!

I am a solo sailor and that's how I found out about The SINGLEHANDED sailing society. You know on my computer browsing device...!
    I haven't paid for a membership hoping for a day that I'll be back to work (yes on weekends).
    Your races: Round the Rock, 3 Bridge etc gave a good turn to my unemployed Covid year. Thanks for your hard work!
    And I was really looking forward for the next one: the Corinthians!
    Not sure that when it will be my turn to sign up on Monday morning that I will get any room left for my registration...
    You pick your rules, you should follow up on that.
    It's just look like that two third of the fleet will be DOUBLEHANDED oh dear Solo Sailing Society!!!!

Anyway, how do I do for the Round The Rocks 2021?
    Should I look forward with that RR in mind as a singlehanded sailor without a membership?
    Thanks

Default Membership

Hi Boulouf!
    I think you will find that the membership is actually a pretty good deal. For $145 you get free registration all the SSS races for the year - 3 bridge, Corinthian, Round the rocks, Singlehanded Farallons, Drakes Bay, Vallejo 1-2, and Half Moon Bay. That's only $20 a race! It's the best deal in racing, if you plan on doing all the races. I mention this because I'm not sure if you knew this was the deal.
    Best
    Rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Boulouf View Post
    Hi there!

I am a solo sailor and that's how I found out about The SINGLEHANDED sailing society. You know on my computer browsing device...!
    I haven't paid for a membership hoping for a day that I'll be back to work (yes on weekends).
    Your races: Round the Rock, 3 Bridge etc gave a good turn to my unemployed Covid year. Thanks for your hard work!
    And I was really looking forward for the next one: the Corinthians!
    Not sure that when it will be my turn to sign up on Monday morning that I will get any room left for my registration...
    You pick your rules, you should follow up on that.
    It's just look like that two third of the fleet will be DOUBLEHANDED oh dear Solo Sailing Society!!!!

Anyway, how do I do for the Round The Rocks 2021?
    Should I look forward with that RR in mind as a singlehanded sailor without a membership?
    Thanks

Hi Bombora,

Indeed, it feels like a deal!
    But the boat is not yet meeting the Ocean specifications...
    And mostly just planning a race at the time while looking to get back to work !
    Anyway, we've got the Estuary tomorrow!

Thanks

How come George gets 2 entrees?
    More importantly, how's he gonna sail 2 boats??!Name:  Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 6.11.29 PM.png
Views: 729
Size:  389.3 KB
    Last edited by DaveH; 02-06-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Saw that and a J24 in the Express 27 group. I am sailing against a Cal 40 Multihull

George is good. Apparently we switch boats now and then:

Name:  BMW Standings.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  266.5 KB
    Last edited by BobJ; 02-06-2021 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Apparently we switch boats now and then:
    That explains alot, because I’m pretty sure I won that last race.
    Last edited by Philpott; 02-06-2021 at 10:08 PM.

Default corrected

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    How come George gets 2 entrees?
    More importantly, how's he gonna sail 2 boats??!Name:  Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 6.11.29 PM.png
Views: 729
Size:  389.3 KB
    George has corrected it! We can rib him at the skipper's meeting. : )

Boulouf, Do not lose hope, you will have your chance on Monday so keep close to jibeset.