Thread: Akyaa, Peddy's Hobie 33 progress

Cool Akyaa, Peddy's Hobie 33 progress

Slowly my Hobie 33 Shark "Akyaa" is getting ready for the water. Currently getting her rudder bearings fixed at Grand Marina. Then in the water to Glen's for a mast raising and her new home.
    I have a amazing main, and Asym, next I need a 100% jib.
    I wish to thank all my sailing friends for the parts thus far.
    She has been an amazing COVID project. complete electrical replacement, rebuilt each bulkhead, filled many unnecessary electrical run holes inside.
    I have learned lots about rebuilding the interior of a fiberglass boat.

Hopefully the rudder will separate from the hull and get new bearings, then the mast will go on straight.

My hope, is to get her sailing by the Farallon's Race, but definitely by Half Moon Bay. She was acquired to sail out the gate because of her ability to "pop" back up after getting swallowed by a wave.
    That is a requirement.

Yes, I already understand that a 8 foot retractable bow sprit is not the best for a PHRF rating, but will definitely keep me moving in very light winds.

Name:  IMG_3895.JPG
Views: 331
Size:  101.9 KBName:  IMG_4542.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  77.0 KB
    Last edited by Chad Peddy; 03-06-2021 at 06:13 PM.

That is terrific news, Chad. But why is your post in the For Sale thread? And where will your boat's new home be?

It probably should not be in the for sale rent or Loan area, but I do not know how to move it without cutting pasting, and deleting
    Last edited by Chad Peddy; 03-06-2021 at 06:14 PM.

She at least deserves her own thread.