Thread: SHTP stuff

Default SHTP stuff

This is just a quick list, for tonight. I'll get something more complete together this weekend (3/19, 3/20)

Two, 50 watt semi-flexible Sunpower Solar panels, mounted to light plywood bases, with clamps to hold them on 1" stern rails: $70 each. The plywood bases let the panels ventilate and keeps them cool on hot days, keeps the amperage up.

Victron 10 amp, 12V MPPT solar charge regulator: $35

Solar connection cables..clip-on works with the Sunpower panels...$20

3 month old, essentially never-discharged 100 AH 12v deep cycle marine battery: $75

Garmin InReach: Removed from Sale. Joan is upset that I'm selling it while we're still paying on the yearlong contract.

wood core, biaxial roving-covered emergency rudder, 12 inch chord, about 6 feet tall...and cassette and short-ish tiller. $150

Storm jib, orange dacron, #6 luff tape with grommets behind, 36 square feet, by Rolly Tasker (http://thesailwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/...toreframe.html) retails $315, it's been out of the bag once, to set up on my roller furling. $275

Davis radar reflector.. $20

ALSO...printed-in September paper charts of the California coast from Point Arena to Point Sur. When you go to print these, it'll blow your mind, what they cost.

AND Old Garmin GPS 12...12 channel GPS from about 2007. Non-mapping, just give you lat/long..speed, etc. It takes a while to pull down a signal, but it works once you get it adjusted to it's general location, and it's great for your ditch bag. Includes ancient serial cable. FREE

Pelagic autopilot covers...ram and control head - FREE

Stearns SOLAS life-vest with the required 34 pounds of buoyancy. It's unwearable, but the rules say you have to have it. Still in the plastic wrap. $30

ON HOLD....Joan is after me to not get rid of everything too quickly.
    Last edited by AlanH; 03-22-2021 at 11:14 AM.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Sorry to hear this Alan.
    Glad you're coming out for Rocks though.
    I sent you a pm for the Garmin.
    Cj

OK, the above list is amended, but the "stuff" is back up for sale.

Two, 50 watt semi-flexible Sunpower Solar panels, mounted to light plywood bases, with clamps to hold them on 1" stern rails: $70 each. The plywood bases let the panels ventilate and keeps them cool on hot days, keeps the amperage up. SOLD

Victron 10 amp, 12V MPPT solar charge regulator: $35 .. SOLD

Solar connection cables..clip-on works with the Sunpower panels...$20... SOLD

wood core, biaxial roving-covered emergency rudder, 10 inch chord, about 5' 6" tall...and cassette and short-ish tiller with autopilot pin. $150 The build process for the whole thing is documented on this forum. SOLD. (to guys taking a Tripp 47 on the Transpac??...hey, the skipper wanted it!)

Storm jib, orange dacron, #6 luff tape with grommets behind, 36 square feet, by Rolly Tasker (http://thesailwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/...toreframe.html) retails $315, it's been out of the bag once, to set up on my roller furling. $275 SOLD

Davis radar reflector.. $20

ALSO...printed-in September paper charts of the California coast from Point Arena to Point Sur. When you go to print these, it'll blow your mind, what they cost. .. $75...SOLD

Old Garmin GPS 12...12 channel GPS from about 2007. Non-mapping, just give you lat/long..speed, etc. It takes a while to pull down a signal, but it works once you get it adjusted to it's general location, and it's great for your ditch bag. Includes ancient serial cable. FREE. GIVEN AWAY

Stearns SOLAS life-vest with the required 34 pounds of buoyancy. It's unwearable, but the SHTP rules say you have to have it. Still in the plastic wrap. $30 Put it out on the street and somebody took it...yay! It's out of my garage.

ADDED: Brand new, never installed Raymarine i40 depth readout with through-hull transducer and compatible Airmar "inside the hull" transducer. $100

ADDED, a mess of the SOLAS required flares for SHTP, or local Offshore OYRA/SSS racing. They're all good for at least another year. Figure half of retail. Let me know if you want a list. FLARES SOLD
    Last edited by AlanH; 06-06-2021 at 09:11 PM.

Solar panels and charge controller are taken
    Last edited by AlanH; 05-02-2021 at 12:13 PM.

Seriously? No SSS'rs or SHTP'ers want these paper charts? Here's a list.

Half Moon Bay #18382
    Monterey Bay #18685
    Tomales By and Bodega Bay #18643
    San Francisco Bay Entrance #18645
    Point Concepcion to Point Sur #18700
    San Francisco to Point Arena #18640
    Point Sur to San Francisco #18680

This covers pretty much the entire California coast that you might need to bail out into, if the doodoo hits the fan in the first 3-4-5 days. This is everything you might want on board to do a LongPac in case your mapping GPS that's tied into the boats electrical system up and dies. I'll give you the battery-powered Garmin GPS12 for free, and then you have a "where the hell am I?" Solution that's completely independent of the boats electrical system..

This is almost a $300 print job at Fed Ex for $75 lousy bucks. I'll keep them for another week or ten days and if nobody contacts me, I'm going to put them up on Craigslist. If nobody goes for it on CL, SOLD THROUGH CRAIGSLIST
    Last edited by AlanH; 05-25-2021 at 04:45 PM.