Thread: Update on RTR Race Format - NOW TWO COURSES

Default Update on RTR Race Format - NOW TWO COURSES

Update on RTR Race Format - Now Separate SH and DH Courses

I response to feedback from the SSS community, we have decided to change the race format of the Round The Rocks race this Sat. March 27 to include two courses: Course 1 for singlehanded boats and Course 2 for doublehanded boats. The exception is multihulls, for which both SH/DH entrants will sail Course 1. See course descriptions below. Note that updated SIs with these changes have been posted on Jibeset.

The primary concern of the Race Committee is the safety and well being of all race participants. We hope that separate SH and DH courses will add a measure of safety to this race, while still allowing skippers to race head-to-head against their peers.

I personally accept responsibility for any confusion that this late change in race format might cause. We are communicating the format change through Jibeset, the RTR Skippers' meeting this Wednesday, and through our social media channels. Please help us by sharing this information directly with your fellow racers.

As always, have fun and be safe out there.

Tom Boussie - SSS Race Chair

COURSE 1
    From the Start,
    • to Alcatraz Island (“The ROCK”), leaving it to starboard,
    • then to Harding ROCK buoy (RG “HR” Fl (2+1) R6s), leaving it to starboard,
    • then to The Brothers (ROCKS), leaving them to starboard,
    • then to Red ROCK, leaving it to port,
    • then to the Finish.

COURSE 2
    From the Start,
    • then to Blossom ROCK buoy (GR “BR” Fl(2+1) G 6s BELL), leaving it to starboard,
    • then to “X” buoy (yellow sphere “X” ~0.2 nm off the Golden Gate YC), leaving to starboard,
    • then to Little Harding ROCK buoy (G “1” Fl G 4s), leaving it to starboard,
    • then to The Brothers (ROCKS), leaving them to starboard,
    • then to Red ROCK, leaving it to port,
    • then to the Finish.

Thank you for hearing us, I'm looking forward to the weekend!

Thanks for the course splits..... Now if we could just get back to starting boats from fast to slow. Sportboats and then <108 starting behind 27 slower Espress and Moores makes for a lot of slow passes both under and over them (which I know many didn't like much). If you start from fast to slow each division theoretically clears out of the following division. What a gorgeous day.