Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Autopilot?

maybe... talking to Louis this morning about a limited run subversive SSS t-shirt.

Name:  IMG_0106.PNG
Views: 1360
Size:  262.3 KB
    Last edited by Black Jack; 04-07-2021 at 09:32 AM.
    Without friends, none of this would be possible.

We've been racing with autopilots for years in the SSS. It's not clear what would be accomplished by segregating those who don't want to purchase and use them.

You can always go sailing and experiment with bungee cords, surgical tubing, etc. when not surrounded in close quarters by other boats who are trying to avoid you and get to the next mark.

A more worthy goal: Be somewhere in the vicinity of the starting line when the gun goes off. (Said with a smile - tone doesn't come through well in forum posts.)

Oh, and up above, JFK is trying to force himself more to the right
    Last edited by BobJ; 04-07-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    We've been racing with autopilots for years in the SSS. It's not clear what would be accomplished by segregating those who don't want to purchase and use them.

You can always go sailing and experiment with bungee cords, surgical tubing, etc. when not surrounded in close quarters by other boats who are trying to avoid you and get to the next mark.

A more worthy goal: Be somewhere in the vicinity of the starting line when the gun goes off. (Said with a smile - tone doesn't come through well in forum posts.)

Oh, and up above, JFK is trying to force himself more to the right

Oh, I am embracing the technical arms race in the days and weeks to come. This one race is something special. It has been a blast to sail in the non spin, solo class, enjoying each moment with hours on the tiller, gatorade bottles, jury rigging the elastic cord and sail straps. With three races so far doing this, i come in with some recent experience with my lovely boat. Not finishing has been struggle issue mostly because all the races this year our assigned group has sailed in during the peak of the counter tides. The season is still young and now that am no longer a shepard to the other mull 30 boat, i can join the SSS wolfpack with good timing at the starting line.

Like JFK, my goal is to finish my first serious term healthy, happy and with good results. It is my profile of courage.
    Last edited by Black Jack; 04-07-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack View Post
    maybe... talking to Louis this morning about a limited run subversive SSS t-shirt.

Name:  IMG_0106.PNG
Views: 1360
Size:  262.3 KB
    Louis has agreed to make a few of these. I will reach out to those who sail in the non autohelm/minimal/non electrics for sizes provided gratis (free). Others only need ask if they want one.
    Last edited by Black Jack; 04-07-2021 at 06:39 PM.

The Reddy Kilowatt character is copywrited. You might want to re-think your artwork.
    Tom P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    The Reddy Kilowatt character is copywrited. You might want to re-think your artwork.
    I am well versed on section 107 of the US copyright code. It is an adaption and creative artistic enchancement to images similar to an historical image that has a long history of being freely taken without given permission for fair use for a wide variety of domestic and international applications in numerous educational, business and artistic expressions. More to the point, each shirt will be a hand painted item and is in itself unque, one of a kind item, with no moneary gain involved nor intented to make money. Moreover my artistic efforts were never was offered by this organization or those on its board but to my friends as gifts who enjoy limited issued, personal wearable one of kind art with no commercial value.
    Last edited by Black Jack; 04-07-2021 at 11:30 PM.

You obviously know more than I do about copyright laws. I can’t even spell it right.
    Last edited by Dazzler; 04-07-2021 at 11:56 PM.
    Tom P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    You obviously know more than I do about copyright laws. I can’t even spell it right.
    Tom - When you spend decades listening to and working with trademark and patent lawyers helping them create narratives in present complex litigation you pick up stuff. Besides bad oysters make a poor meal. I think you earned a Ted t-shirt.

Name:  image0 (9).jpeg
Views: 452
Size:  1.23 MB
    Last edited by Black Jack; 04-08-2021 at 07:47 AM.

So how did you do? Fun and challenging day!

Went almost completely old school. Pretty Penny was built for the slot and days like yesterday. only had wind speed/direction and depth finder working. Removed the speed wheel and used the gps only to check my speed after the race.

Last edited by Black Jack; 04-25-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Default Pretty Penny

Name:  IMG-8849.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  1.54 MB