Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 SHTP Scuttlebutt

[QUOTE=Philpott;29148]Reed Bernhard asked for a list of boats' locations. Then I got an email from Jim Q: "Where is Nozomi?"

They're not even out the gate yet and he's already looking 'round for the other Cal 40. Here's the updated list. Sorry, Robb!

Name:  boats and locations 050221.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  253.2 KB
    Last edited by Philpott; 05-02-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Moorage in San Francisco before the start. Any recommendations for the out of town entries?
    Thanks,
    Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
    Moorage in San Francisco before the start. Any recommendations for the out of town entries?
    Marina Village Yacht Harbor, Alameda. Worked well for me both before and after the 2018 race. Proximity to Oakland airport, great facilities, helpful staff.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Sailor View Post
    Marina Village Yacht Harbor, Alameda. Worked well for me both before and after the 2018 race. Proximity to Oakland airport, great facilities, helpful staff.
    I second Lee's suggestion..there's a supermarket a short walk. Unlike most of the rest of SF Bay, the water at Marina Village can be warm enough in mid-June to dive your bottom without a wetsuit. Be sure to tell management you are in town for the SHTP...they've offered discounts in the past.

Gracias!

For any out-of-towners who might need some last minute yard work, I recommend Berkeley Marine Center. Ruben, the general manager is an SHTP vet and a great guy. KKMI gets more publicity and more of the big boat work, and they absolutely are a very good yard, but I know that Ruben will do everything he can for a bug-lighter.

The Berkeley marina is not a place I'd recommend to stay for any length of time. A lot of the marina is in disrepair, although B dock has a lot of open berths in the 25-35 foot range. B dock on the north side of the marina are the docks in best shape. The marina is off by itself, a 45+ minute walk to anything, or a 20 minute walk and then a bus ride.
    Last edited by AlanH; 05-06-2021 at 07:26 AM.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Spotted yesterday...Shark on Bluegrass, out of the water at the BMC!
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

May 6, 2021

The Race Committee held a zoom last evening with most of the SHTP registered sailors. Here’s an update:

The race start will be off the Golden Gate Yacht club on the City Front, just east of the Golden Gate Bridge. The first warning signal will be at 12:55. Fleets to be announced.

Jibeset is now open again. If you have not already uploaded documentation regarding completion of your qualifying sail, PHRF certificate etc, please do that. It is also open for final registration payments, which are due May 15.

We are very hopeful that the RYC will approve staging in the RYC harbor, and that some kind of luncheon will be possible on Friday June 18.
    If you call or email him, Jim Quanci will arrange for a diver at your boat in the RYC harbor in one of the days prior to the race. This is, obviously, not included in your registration fee.

s/v Morning Star and Lee Johnson, 2018 SHTP vet, will be on station in Hanalei Bay 24/7, but his boat IS NOT a finish mark. A virtual location determined by latitude and longitude will be provided for the finish.

The Yellow House will not be available for sleep deprived sailors this year. The race committee will be housed in a condo up in Princeville with a full view of the finish.

Larry Conklin will make a rib available to the club for finishing, and members of the RC will be out there to greet you when you arrive, night or day.We will monitor your arrival via your tracker and VHF Channel 69.

The final communication plan will be available May 8/9 on Jibeset.

The crate: Contact David Herrigel regarding possible use of the crate. It has a limited capacity at approximately 45 cubic feet. Due to shipping schedules, it must be sent during the first week of June in order to arrive on Kauai in time, so contact David NOW if you want to send something.

There will be another skipper Zoom meeting approximately two weeks before the race and Tracker testing will occur at some point. Updates to follow via email.

Name:  buckle1.jpg
Views: 2719
Size:  25.2 KB

And most important: Yes. There Will Be Boat Buckles.
    Last edited by Philpott; 05-06-2021 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks for sending out the Comm Plan today. Just to confirm, is the SHTP RC email ssstranspacific@sfbaysss.org or transpacific@sfbaysss.org? I asked because the Comm Plan email was copied to ssstranspacific@sfbaysss.org, but the Comm Plan document lists transpacific@sfbaysss.org as the RC. Please confirm which email address to use. Thanks!

"Hoping for the best is not a emergency plan" David Garman, SHTP 2016