Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kynntana Does Pacific Cup 2022

Default Kynntana Does Pacific Cup 2022

Kynntana is #2 on the waiting list for the Pacific Cup, but Carliane is confident that we will move up the list by next summer. So, she wants to re-do the nonskid so her crew doesn't slide off the boat. This requires removal of hardware from the cabin top:

Name:  removing hardward (2).jpg
Views: 903
Size:  334.6 KB

and sanding

Name:  Jackie and Mary sanding.jpg
Views: 1866
Size:  341.3 KB

and making the cabin even more beautiful than it already was by replacing mere trim

Name:  Before replacing trim (2).jpg
Views: 866
Size:  176.2 KB

with perfectly stained trim and LED fairy lights

Name:  Trim replaced with LED fairy lights behind.jpg
Views: 1953
Size:  229.5 KB

Ha, thank you Jackie for the shout out. I really appreciate your enthusiasm and the hours of sanding support.

You know, those LEDs are really to add ambiance for the stripper pole that was installed for the 2018 SHTP. No non-skid needed there. Now we just need to find a male stripper as entertainment during the Pac Cup

It appears my text to Jackie was misinterpreted. I was concerned about the white fairy lights ruining your night vision. But during the day, sure, go for it! Crew motivation is an important part of any program.
    Last edited by BobJ; 04-18-2021 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Obfuscation removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    You know, those LEDs are really to add ambiance for the stripper pole that was installed for the 2018 SHTP. Now we just need to find a male stripper as entertainment during the Pac Cup

Have thong, will travel.
    Does Kynntana also have a red wash?

https://images.app.goo.gl/zhNDAeVakpTjyPrq8
    The Sea is my Church; the Boat is my Pew.

But seriously, folks.

Carliane, did you know that the Pacific Cup has BMW courtesy cars in the parking lot in Hawaii? How do we sign up for one of those? It will be fun to do a comparison of the amenities available. I think of myself as a Hanalei kinda person, but ... beemer courtesy cars ... ?

The beemers were in our parking lot at RYC. The former owner of Double Trouble (J/125) owned a beemer dealership and arranged it one year. I took one over to KKMI to pick up Rags. The driver was thrilled - I think I was the only passenger he'd had all day.

If the SHTP is staged at RYC I will arrange for at least one SHTP courtesy car. I'll even wash it beforehand.

Carliane has an asymmetric spinnaker that came with her boat, and a sock that Bob gave her. She even asked Ryan Nelson to install a spinnaker doo-hickey 33' up her mast. But she's not sold on the idea of flying a spinnaker. Huh uh. Not at all.

So I took it over to Dura Mater last Sunday. Turned DM around in her slip so the wind was behind her. Just as I attached the head of the sail to my own spinnaker halyard, Ed Ruszel came by. Seems he had "borrowed" the Brickyard Cove flat bottom boat to make sure the outboard worked, then he had worked his way over to E Dock.

Name:  Ed.JPG
Views: 765
Size:  338.3 KB

Thank goodness he came by when he did, because: a spinnaker in a sock? Totally alien to me. Ed wouldn't help. Oh, no. He sat in his boat and said, "You're a singlehander. Figure it out yourself."

Then, "no, not that way".

Then, "yeah, that way."

Finally up it went and Dura Mater tried to go with it. She was ready. And here it is.

Name:  IMG-9931.JPG
Views: 711
Size:  455.6 KB

We're ready to go now, Carliane! Since all the hardware has been removed from Kynntana we'll have to wait until it's all replaced. But then? When you see that sail on the bay, it's Kynntana.

Looks great!

Admittedly I haven't raced to Hawaii with a stripper pole installed (occupied or unoccupied). The hallucinations could be epic.

But I'd think it would be pretty boring without flying a spinnaker.
    Last edited by BobJ; 04-24-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
    Have thong, will travel.
    Does Kynntana also have a red wash?

https://images.app.goo.gl/zhNDAeVakpTjyPrq8
    A "mankini." That's my new word of the day