Thread: Who here has sailed with Chesapeake Shorthanded Sailing Society (CHESSS)?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Who here has sailed with Chesapeake Shorthanded Sailing Society (CHESSS)?

I am flirting with the idea of moving away from the bay area and maybe relocating to a house on the Chesapeake in Maryland. Covid taught me a lot about I want for my wife and I. Things here are getting a little more difficult and costly. A path to downsizing from my house for another is too competitive, poor in choices, lifestyles very costly and now that they are building so much high-rises in Alameda and removing my much loved waterfront, our sailing ground are changing for the worse. I do know many people make it work and drive a distance to have a boat on the bay but that wouldn't work me. I would sure miss sailing here in the SF bay but there are other places where a working guy from the Bay area who must still work but not kill himself can have almost all - a house, sailboat, fair dock access close by, cruising and racing grounds and a nice community to belong.

Can someone here tell me a little of what the organization is like, what kind of boats are sailed and the people involved?
    Last edited by Black Jack; 05-26-2021 at 09:57 AM.
    Without friends, none of this would be possible.