Thread: Tree Time July 5

Default Tree Time July 5

We have a new Sea Squirrel. Her name is Sea Squirrel II. Just couldn't let it go. She's a beauty and she has an orange bimini. The frame is pretty flimsy but the engine runs GREAT!!! Photos to follow.

Synthia and Greg drive the Sea Squirrel II. Greg says his arms are getting bigger just turning the steering wheel. Synthia won't admit that it's hard to handle. That's the mystery of Synthia. It's an unspoken, tacit agreement that Jackie can't drive it. Too complicated. She'll write about it and take pretty pictures of it. That's the deal. Photos to follow.

We had the first successful Tree Time tonight. It's under a new tree.

Here are Robb Walker and Jim Quanci

Name:  Robb and Jim.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  196.8 KB

Robb Walker and Rowena Carlson

Name:  Rowena Carlson and Robb Walker.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  342.7 KB

Default More Tree Time July 6

Why did we move tree time? At the risk of inviting outrage, here's the explanation. Larry's new and beautiful Sea Squirrel II has a new and shiny and powerful 90 hp engine. We don't want it to go walkabout, and we want the Sea Squirrel crew du jour to be able to participate in the Tree Time. So, we took the SSS to the Hanalei River.

Got a good crowd, spicy poke and Patty Meanley brought canapes of crackers, cream cheese and halved baby tomatoes. Bill grumbled. He doesn't like 'em and she makes them so he won't eat them before they arrive at the party. Here he is with Margie Wood.

Name:  Bill Meanley and Margie Wood.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  333.3 KB

Greg Ashby and Jim Quanci

Name:  Greg and Jim.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  217.6 KB

Brian Boschma and Cliff Shaw, below

Name:  Brian and Cliff.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  263.5 KB

Here are Lee Johnson, Bill Meanley and Darlene Woo-Stange

Name:  Lee Bill and Darlene.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  272.9 KB

below = Robb Walker and John Wilkerson s/v Perplexity

Name:  Robb and John W 2.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  287.0 KB

Brian did a very nice job of introducing everybody all around. We had to break early to collect Falk Meissner. His wife, Vanessa and daughter Melina (sp?) were at the Tree, and went out on the Sea Squirrel with Greg and Synthia to collect him.

Default Still More Tree time on July 6

Larry Conklin came to Tree Time. Finally. Here he is, holding court, with Greg Ashby , Jim Quanci, Margie Wood and Brendan Huffman (the one reaching for the beer)

Name:  Larry holding court.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  313.9 KB
    >
    Thank you to Rowena Carlson for the use of her iphone. My little SE keeps getting damp (in the pocket on the Sea Squirrel, sweating inside the pocket of the clothes in which I'm sweating) and I don't have a water-proof case. Lesson learned. I keep putting it in a warm oven, turned off, as per Brian's instructions, and that works for awhile. But then I sweat again.

So, thank you, Rowena!

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Why did we move tree time? At the risk of inviting outrage, here's the explanation. Larry's new and beautiful Sea Squirrel II has a new and shiny and powerful 90 hp engine. We don't want it to go walkabout, and we want the Sea Squirrel crew du jour to be able to participate in the Tree Time. So, we took the SSS to the Hanalei River.
    Name:  Tree Time.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  313.9 KB

No "outrage" should be tendered. SSS always has returned to its roots. Having "Tree Time" on the Hanalei River is perfectly in keeping with tradition. I was in attendance in 1978 when the 1st Awards Party was held at this exact spot, give a boat length or two.

~skip allan S/V WILDFLOWER
    Last edited by sleddog; 07-06-2021 at 04:49 PM.