Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random Sailing, and Doggies!

Oh, Rick, that is a very sweet looking doggie.

Freya the wonder puppy is isn’t allowed into the front room where the Christmas tree sits, unscathed. Yesterday was a rainy day and the puppy had already chewed everything in the kitchen, where she is contained. Like nuclear waste.

The phone cord is chewed to bits, the napkins are shredded and the chairs all have teeth marks. To avoid the wrath of the Voice of Reason we drove to Richmond Yacht Club, ran up and down every dock.

Puppies are sailor magnets. I met a new sailing friend on C Dock who has a beautiful and well maintained Olson 40 in an upwind slip. He told me that he sailed an Olson 30, s/v Quest, in the 1988 SHTP. He did not win, he said. I said that only one person wins each race, and asked if he plans to do it again. “Sure,” he said with a grin.

Then the puppy was off down to the end of C dock, then back up and around we went to Dura Mater. She wasn’t particularly happy about being thrown aboard, but I’m bigger than she is so that’s where she went. Down into the cabin, where I made a cup of coffee and read a book from Danny’s table. While we were there the puppy chewed up an old hat, an old green dockline, one tide & current book and then she started in on Synthia’s mosquito swatter. So I took that away from her and cut off the chewed part. It will still work just fine in the Delta. After she chewed one of my anchor gloves (the Velcro scared her repeatedly) I finished my coffee and we headed out.

Ran up and down the docks again, then up into the small boat yard where she smelled all the gazillion boats and trailers there. After that we ran back to the car and I drove us home. She sat still for approximately 20 minutes.

Today? Well, it’s supposed to stop raining in an hour and that’s when we’ll go out for another run. Again.

Name:  Freya tired.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  271.3 KB

Freya might be the cutest puppy ever!

My dad and I used to do model trains. Not the tabletop kind, the ride-behind-them kind. A train friend had a Doxie who loved to ride along, with a great name for the context: Pullman.

It appears I can no longer post photos to the forum. I've tried various work-arounds without success. Maybe I've reached some kind of limit, or maybe it's just time to move on to other things. I'll try re-registering but if that doesn't work, the rest of you can carry on. New year, new leaf, etc.

Edit: Nope, re-registering didn't work either. Cleared all browsing data, cookies, etc. Even tried a virtual VPN. It must be my after-shave.
    Last edited by BobJ; 12-23-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Default Sailing Dogs

Since we're sharing photos of our doggies, well, except for BobJ.
    Name:  Envolee sail 1.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  111.3 KB
    Name:  April'21 (2).jpg
Views: 393
Size:  1.87 MB
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

I know Ben & Bea had/have boat Doxies so I am hopeful my little Cody will like to ride….

I have a cat and she's adorable but I doan' think she's ever gonna be a boat cat.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Apparently now that Bob J has retired he can no longer post photos on the forum. Something to do with his CPA license lapsing. But the Johnston dog deserves to be celebrated in death as he was in life. So, in all his glory, heeeeeere's Louie!

Name:  Louie.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  261.4 KB

Here is Lola.
    She tolerates the boat better than my wife.
    But not by much
    Name:  IMG_4010.jpeg
Views: 261
Size:  5.83 MB

Sold the boat but kept the dog. Now the only keelboat I have is a robot, but Casey likes sailing dinghies and standup paddling. He is not a big fan of the boston whaler. One day I'll have another keelboat for SSS races and hopefully Casey will still be around to come sailing

Name:  20150329_171953smsm.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  118.9 KB

Name:  20190712_155810sm.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  102.3 KB

Name:  20160812_123734sm.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  81.8 KB