Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drake's Bay Race Information

The missing chartlet would be nice (three days after Brian pointed it out) but how about just telling us what time to show up!

Whomever is doing this forgot to include the first warning time in the so-called SIs and this doesn't help:

https://jibeset.net/show.php?RR=YRA_...OC=X11&TYP=pdf

OYRA standing SIs can be found here ---
    https://jibeset.net/show.php?RR=YRA_...DOC=si&TYP=pdf

7.2 The scheduled time of the first starting signal for each race day is 0940hrs

Therefore, the first SSS division (sportboats) will be the 3rd start @ 0955

Also of note ---
    2.1 ON EACH RACE DAY ALL YACHTS MUST CHECK IN VIA VHF RADIO WITH THE RACE
    COMMITTEE DURING THE CHECK IN PERIOD OF 0830 TO 930.

PS. Don't forget your fly swatters!!!
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

Thanks 'Zia. Surprise! is entered under our SSIs, not OYRA's, but now we know they apparently apply to our fleet as well.

They could have simply put the first warning time in the Drake's Bay instructions, as is normally done. I guess four documents to cover everything is better than one.
    Last edited by BobJ; 08-27-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Note: Another set of everything was just published and now we're back to starting at the GGYC.

I think.

Good luck racers..... looks like a pleasant weekend on the coast.Name:  AzzuraDrakes.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  621.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by solosailor View Post
    Good luck racers..... looks like a pleasant weekend on the coast.Name:  AzzuraDrakes.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  621.2 KB
    Hey Greg,
    What sort of sail combination is that? And when does it work well for you?

We turned around, put the kite up, then saw 25+ under the bridge, and broached when the tower "gave it back". We recovered nicely and carried on.
    Sad that we didn't make it all way up ...

What sort of sail combination is that? And when does it work well for you?
    It's the max jib (105%) and a hybrid Code-0/A3. Basically a Code-o with a more fuller shape. In light close-reaching conditions I found leaving the jib up works well. Most of the time the jib is lowered when in use.

Name:  Sat motor up.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  171.3 KB

Saturday at 1700 I still had 20 miles to go, with 2 kts (maybe) SOG, so the math said motor. For a time, the fleet of 8 "still in-it-to-win-it" were pulling away as I motor-sailed pass Duxbury Reef buoy @ ~5kts. I took this picture as I was passing them. I'd just gotten my anchor set in 15' when the 1st of 4 boats crossed the line before the 2200 cut-off. Congrats to the only SSS finisher, Raven the multihull! And accolades to Arcadia, Concussion and Envolee, you get the perseverance trophy for Saturday.

Sunday morning I awoke to see I'd anchored in an SSS pod with Surprise!, Dura Mater, Galaxsea, and Raven the multihull. With Arcadia and Envolee close by.

So lovely to see Siren Sunday morning before the start.

Nice weekend.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image