Update on Upcoming HMB Race

The HMB Race is coming up in 10 days. Registrations are open on Jibeset with 22 boats registered to date. We have a Zoom HMB Skippers' meeting scheduled for next Wed. Sept 8 at 7:30 PM - look for an email or the SSS forum for login information.

The HMB Yacht Club is open and will be welcoming racers. Given Covid concerns, they may not be serving dinner on Saturday night, but at a minimum the club will be open, including access to the dock, YC deck, restrooms, etc. We will have final details about the availability of dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday by the skippers' meeting next Wednesday.

As in previous years, there will likely be limited dock space available on the HMB YC floating dock, but there will be shuttle service available for nearby anchored boats, both on Sat. night and Sun. morning. Alternatively, slips are usually available at the Pillar Point Harbor - see the SIs for how to contact the harbormaster on arrival.

On a personal note, this is my favorite race of the SSS season. The interesting tactical course, the beauty of the HMB anchorage, the warm vibe of the HMB YC, and the chance to socialize with fellow racers all combine to make this a a terrific outing. I encourage all SSS members (and others) to join.

I look forward to seeing you out there!

Tom - SSS Race Chair