Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kynntana in the Pacific Cup 2022

Default Kynntana in the Pacific Cup 2022

Kynntana is registered in the Pacific Cup for next summer. A number of singlehanders from the SSS will be sailing to Kaneohe Bay next summer, and since the Pac Cup doesn't allow singlehanders I guess that's the only way to get there. Well, there is United Airlines, but I digress.

We raced in the full crew Vallejo earlier this year, but not with a spinnaker. Not yet. Have we raised the spinnaker? Well, yes, on the way out of Mare Island strait.

Name:  IMG_0730 - Copy.JPG
Views: 485
Size:  441.6 KB

and then back to K's slip all down the estuary. And it was uneventful. Worked fine. Case closed. Here's the beginning of a thread about that. I'm posting here because Carliane raced in the SHTP 2016 so it's legitimately SSS, but neither single nor doublehanded.

Name:  Kyntanna-crew-Estuary 082121.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  107.2 KB

Here's the crew so far, not including Jenna, a new member of the crew. That's Tammy, Carliane and Mary. And moi. We are determining our roles on the boat. So far I'm the provisioner, although I've asked to be referred to as Food Engineer. It sounds so much more impressive, doesn't it? Imagine toilet paper for five women. It's a daunting thought. More to follow. Anyone else care to share?
    Last edited by Philpott; 10-26-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Where's the "LIKE" button?
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

The "Like" button is in Meta, fka Faceplant, where you just listed your weight. Kynntana's crew members probably won't be doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    The "Like" button is in Meta, fka Faceplant, where you just listed your weight. Kynntana's crew members probably won't be doing that.
    I bet I weigh about as much as any two of Kynntana's crew members! Keep that in mind, SSS'ers who need a body for doublehanded events on heavy -air days!
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Good stuff!

Very exciting times head. Best of luck!

Without friends, none of this would be possible.

Looking forward to continuing updates.

Ants

Did they ding your rating for adding a spinnaker? If they did you should not take it unless you get a standard spinnaker pole to square back the sail plan. As it is you will not be able to sail very deep and use it much and wouldn't be worth a rating hit is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by solosailor View Post
    Did they ding your rating for adding a spinnaker?
    IIRC, and unless NCPHRF has changed the rules, boats that *could* carry a spinnaker are rated as if they have a spinnaker. I recall getting into a tiff over this with an Alerion 28 owner before the 3BF one year.

How does one know whether the rating is affected by the type of spinnaker or even the presence of one? My current rating says "no" on both symmetric or asymmetric/cruising spinnaker.