Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mr Ants goes to Washington aka skipper Ants does 2022 Salish 100

Sacramento Traditional Small Craft Association COAT TAILS!!

Sometimes, participating opens the opportunity for other events.

If you are a member of the Inverness Yacht Club, you already know about the Kilkenny Beach Campout and BBQ. I am not an Inverness Yacht Club member, but I found out about this from the SacTSCA. It seems the IYC likes seeing the SacTSCA boats and extended the Campout and BBQ invitation. I will certainly attend. If you are interest join the TSCA asap and RSVP to the invitation.

The BBQ is 13 August (Sat), and camping is available from Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.

Cheers,
    Ants

Quote Originally Posted by AntsUiga View Post
    Sacramento Traditional Small Craft Association COAT TAILS!!

Sometimes, participating opens the opportunity for other events.

If you are a member of the Inverness Yacht Club, you already know about the Kilkenny Beach Campout and BBQ. I am not an Inverness Yacht Club member, but I found out about this from the SacTSCA. It seems the IYC likes seeing the SacTSCA boats and extended the Campout and BBQ invitation. I will certainly attend. If you are interest join the TSCA asap and RSVP to the invitation.

The BBQ is 13 August (Sat), and camping is available from Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.

Cheers,
    Ants
    Yes, and participants will also include a selection of the IYC 110 skippers and crews fresh from their National Championships at Club Mud.

Progress gets easily diverted, however, the 1 inch thick sealed ethafoam was covered and secured in place with snaps on the outboard side ans velcro on the inboard side. The cushion covers two access hatches that may get used while sailing. My sewing maestro (JG) was up to the challenge of making the cushion patterns symmetrical.

Name:  IMG_6291.jpeg
Views: 114
Size:  1.91 MB

Default Still taking care of rigging details

The rudder was completed with pintles in the same alignment. A line goes to rudder head to lift lower portion. A black shock cord pulls the lower portion down.

Name:  IMG_6250.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  1.25 MB

Rigging the boat to my liking. A jib and furler was added. The hang point for the top yard of the gaff sail was moved about two feet to remove wrinkles from sail shape. The interference with top yard and jib halyard needs to be tested while sailing. The gaff mainsail does not have a fixed gooseneck. There is 1-2 feet of movement where boom crosses the mast. Moving the boom rearward shifts the entire sail. The main halyard can also be lowered to increase clearance between jib halyard and top yard.

Name:  IMG_6251.jpeg
Views: 99
Size:  1.33 MB

The boom is held against mast with a lashing. A multi-part downhaul gives tension to the luff of the main. The downhaul is forward of the mast with the blocks under the deck. In this picture, the boom is pushed rearward and the attachment for downhaul should be further forward.

Name:  IMG_6253.jpeg
Views: 97
Size:  1.78 MB
    Last edited by AntsUiga; 12-08-2023 at 10:36 AM.

I love that cushion fabric Ants. Is that Sunbrella? Looking good!

Yes, sunbrella. A local fabric store in Bakersfield had it on stock. Some of the fabric went to cover the evaporative (swamp) cooler on the roof. There was more. A fun fabric for bright visuals.

Cheers,

Ants