Thread: Tinker - 1977 Wilderness 21 Hull #5 is For Sale

Default Tinker - 1977 Wilderness 21 Sold

Tinker - 1977 Wilderness 21 Hull #5
    $500 - Boat with title and/or remaining parts. Roller furler and outboard have been sold.
    $500 - Custom made reverse trailer for dry storage.
    Currently in the water at Alameda Marina. Bottom painted in 2021. Trailer is stored in my back yard.
    Whisker pole, spinnaker pole and very well used spinnaker.

Name:  IMG_8846.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  59.3 KB

If you are interested, contact me at tinkerforsale@gmail.com
    Last edited by TinkerSSS; 07-26-2022 at 03:38 PM.

Changing posts on Craigslist and Latitude 38 to $500 without the roller furler, sails, sheets, trailer and outboard.

Matt
    Last edited by TinkerSSS; 03-02-2022 at 09:03 PM.

Getting closer to making the decision to salvage the boat and move on.

Matt
    Last edited by TinkerSSS; 03-11-2022 at 08:45 AM.

Sold the outboard, roller furler, headsail, sheets, blocks... The roller furler was the best part still on the boat and I'm glad to have another Wilderness owner willing to climb the mast and take it. Not an easy job without a hoist. The rest of the parts will go before the boat is salvaged. If you're still interested, $500 will buy everything remaining including the title if desired. Planning on salvaging in the next 2-3 months. I'll post some pictures soon of all that remains.

Cheers,

Matt
    Last edited by TinkerSSS; 03-08-2022 at 03:16 PM.

I though about moving Tinker to Richmond but the Wilderness 21 has seen better days and my $s were better invested in a better faster boat for Singlehanded racing. BTW, Tinker is still for sale. I can't find anyone after 42 responses to ads on Craigslist and Latitude 38, lots of interest from Wilderness 21 enthusiasts and showing the boat to 6 people at the Marina. Everyone that has been interested in the boat has other better options for a more turn key and less work needed setup. I've had several other current and former Wilderness 21 interested in parts. If I can't find anyone in the next couple months, I've stripping anything of value and salvaging with the Alameda PD SAVE program.

Let me know if anyone is interested in a not turn key sailing boat that needs work but could still be a lot of fun for someone.

More recent not very pretty pictures of the work involved at: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WdHUcgnyGpyJnpyv5

email: tinkerforsale@gmail.com if you're interested.

Tinker is still for sale. $400 - OBO as is needs work. See link in previous post for interior pictures.

Name:  IMG_8846.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  59.3 KB

I'm trying one last time before Tinker goes to salvage. The boat is dry inside, ok to leave in the water at the marina, is still capable of sailing with the old main an jib but needs significant work. I'm actively stripping anything that I or other boat owners might find useful so the sooner you take ownership, the more you'll get. I'll leave the 6 Lewmar SingleSpeed winches, halyards, manual bilge pump and tiller handle for last to remove before salvaging.

Send me an email to schedule a time to check out the boat at the Alameda Marina, tinkerforsale@gmail.com.
    Last edited by TinkerSSS; 05-22-2022 at 08:18 AM.

Whew! found a buyer that wants to fixup Tinker and tie up to a mooring buoy in Tomales Bay. That would be a fun place to do some day sailing on the Wilderness 21.

Glad that I didn't end up salvaging and parting out. Too bad for all those others Wilderness 21 owners looking for parts. I gave everything for the boat I've accumulated over the years to the new owner.

At least the boat didn't end up like this one that I saw when going from Alameda to Richmond.

Name:  IMG_0498.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  119.8 KB

With a little bit of effort, Tinker is in Richmond now back on the trailer with the mast down ready to move down the road to it's next home.

Name:  IMG_0543.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  83.3 KB

With the Alameda Marina reconstruction and lack of an available hoist, it took some time to get everything back in one place after being in the water for the last couple years. After 18 years at the Alameda Marina and a lot of fun with the sailing community there, it's been good to see a lot of the same faces again at The Richmond Boardwalk - Brickyard Cove.

Now I can focus my efforts on learning better how to sail Starbuck. Still getting use to 30'+ boat handling singlehanded.

Name:  IMG_0542.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  101.1 KB

See you all out on the water!

Matt
    Last edited by TinkerSSS; 07-26-2022 at 03:22 PM.