Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rules, Regs and Schedule

Hey Frank, Good to hear from you. Yep, it looks a lot better now, but wait a week or two and then see. High is purported to split up again. My comment was only to emphasize nothing is certain when it comes to the weather on our course. Hope to still be there next June. Al

Having done the last two "slow" races I'd like to see a better-established High as much as anyone. (Especially if I have to keep racing against those pesky ultralights!)

I ran the current tables again and assuming we stay with a Saturday noon start, we have the best current for getting out into the ocean on the date we set (6/19). 7/03 is second best but the slow boats would suffer, since noon at the Gate is the start of the flood and max flood can average 4 knots. I know the current is only one consideration and we'd rather have wind once we're out there.

Assuming we stay with 6/19, I'd consider moving the start up an hour (to 11:00). Better use of the current that day, and it gives us another hour to get out through the shipping lanes before it gets dark. (It seemed like we were all milling around waiting to start anyway.)

I know it sounds like I'm doing the race in 2010 - still a long shot for me but one can hope!

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    I know it sounds like I'm doing the race in 2010 - still a long shot for me but one can hope!
    Are we supposed to slap you upside the head with a wet fish? No wait, that was Mark.

- rob/beetle

Yeah, try the fish on Mark first. If he agrees to race I'll redouble my efforts to get to the line. (No pressure or anything.)

Stupid economy . . . anyone need some accounting or tax work?

Oh Nooooo... not the wet fish!