Thread: Bluewater Bash/ Qualifier for Pacific Cup 2022

Default Bluewater Bash/ Qualifier for Pacific Cup 2022

This race is 75 nm out and back and there are lots of people from SSS races participating. Sea Star seems ahead, @ 5:45pm, location = 37.68,-123.07; wind is only 9 knots out there, the boat is going 6 knots. Don't know if I am reading everything right. Can't seem to get Yellow Brick to work for me, but it looks like Charlie Casey aboard Riff Rider is returning through the gate. Word on the deck was that Charlie asked to be moved to a different fleet so he could start today.

Here are the first starters. Sorry, you'll have to look them up.

Name:  First Start.JPG
Views: 350
Size:  184.8 KB

Here are two of the Cal 40s and Bob Walden's Cal 39 at their start:
    Duende and Green Buffalo and Sea Star.

Name:  Duende Green Buffalo and Sea Star.JPG
Views: 303
Size:  211.3 KB

Carliane Johnson was out there on Kynntana with her crew even though Kynntana was postponed.

Name:  Kynntana.JPG
Views: 331
Size:  186.7 KB

I went over to the St Fancy to watch them all leave, ran into half of RYC over there on the race deck: Cinde Lou Delmas, John Dukat, Gordie Nash, Susie Hubbard, Don Ahrens (wearing glasses, I thought he was just that nice man down E Dock but today I learned that his boat is a Farr 36 and it goes FAST) and Mary Lovely. The Race Committee was there from Half Moon Bay, Terri Lahey, Joe Rockmore and Steve Smith.

Name:  RC for Bluewater Bash - Copy.JPG
Views: 360
Size:  253.7 KB

RYC boats represent 11 of the 27 entered and 49 of the 119 total crew are on an RYC boat. Hence the interest. Boats with phrf greater than 120 were told that their races were postponed for another day. I don't suppose Sal will postpone payment for his rafts? I'll bet it will be difficult to reschedule all those crew members.
    Last edited by Philpott; 05-06-2022 at 08:16 PM.

Darren is offline Enough to be safely dange

I have used yellow brick (I found a UK device I'm assuming you're talking about) but at work we use Garmin inReach mini's they seem to do the same but are not nearly as expensive. You can also send text and email threw them using a satellite connection. I haven't used the tracking part the sites I go to aren't that far off the paved road. But my one co-worker tracks himself all the time to create maps to his remote sensors.