Thread: Sad News: Ben Mewes passed 5/3/2022

Default Sad News: Ben Mewes passed 5/3/2022

Ben and I were on our way to Port Orchard WA to begin our new cruising life aboard our Monk 40’ Pilothouse CAMELOT. We were once again traveling north from Mexico towing our travel trailer, this time via Pueblo CO and Ben’s son’s family. Denver - Cheyenne - Medicine Bow - Flaming Gorge and on to Craters of the Moon. It’s windy in that area and a gust caught the trailer causing a fishtail which I couldn’t control. The car rolled into a ditch while a Sheriff looked on from the highway. We were rushed to a Pocatello Medical Center 2 minutes away. Ben was resuscitated at the scene but never regained consciousness. We withdrew life support after family had spent time with him. I am now back in the Bay Area recovering from my fractured sternum. Services will be held at RYC in the Fall. No words describe my shock and sadness.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Dear Lucy, Nancy and I are saddened to hear this terrible news. We hope you are recovering comfortably and will be okay. Our thoughts are with you and your families and friends. We hope to see you when that's possible and will attend Ben's Memorial Service when it's scheduled. We've spent some time this morning remembering our times with you and Ben and remember it fondly. It was an important time for us.

Our email (pardon the "code") is: broderic at sonic dot net. Love, Pat & Nancy

It's awful. I hope you are recovering from your broken sternum and that it's not too painful...enough pain already.
    Please, please let us know when Ben's memorial is. I will do everything I can to be there!
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Lucy - I am sad to read this, and sorry to be late conveying my deepest condolences.
    Please add me to the list of folks who'd like to mark Ben's passing, when appropriate.

DH

Very saddened when I first heard this news just before heading out for the Pac Cup. Honored to have had time to spend with Lucy in Oahu and giving Ben another run across the Pacific.