Thread: Lively Lady is looking for next caretaker

Default Lively Lady is looking for next caretaker

Lively Lady is a strip plank Mull 30 built in 1967 by American Marine and has carried some of the best sailors of our era. She has shown her speed and won numerous races including some great SORC matches and more bay races than most remember. She is a delightful short handed boat with a wonderful history. I spent a great deal of time rebuilding her and making her safe to race and take the family out. No doubt she has her quirks do to a limited budget that I have had. But she is still a very cool and comfortable stiff boat and in a breeze faster up wind than most boat her size. Bill who had her lives too far away to keep her the way she needs so he brought her back to me. She comes with nice racing sails, older Dacron sails that are fine for cruising, an A-Sail, a mercury 6hp 4 stroke that starts on the second pull, a new radio with AIS, carbon fiber sprit and boom, 2 new 10 amp 12 volt Dakota lithium batteries for the radio and house, bottom painted 2 and half years ago and looks great after i was able to dive her yesterday. Every chance I get I will work and improve on her, making her stronger, filling in the wrinkles and doing other things to make the next caretakers job easier. I thought I would offer her here first then move on to others in the weeks to come.

I am prepping her for the Master Mariners Regatta to race on Saturday. She will be parked at the end of the race at the Encinal Yacht Club and available anytime after that. Will accept a very reasonable offer from someone I trust that will love and care for her like I do. Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited by Black Jack; 05-26-2022 at 12:12 PM.
    Without friends, none of this would be possible.

I know I never have gotten the full speed out of her like many others have but in a blow on the bay there are few boats her size that go up wind as fast and are as stiff as she is. I have been sailing with her A-sail in a sock and she moves at a nice pace too.

Last edited by Black Jack; 05-26-2022 at 12:16 PM.

Name:  IMG_7537.jpeg
Views: 257
Size:  2.52 MB

Name:  IMG_7535.jpeg
Views: 256
Size:  2.14 MB

Name:  IMG_7547.jpeg
Views: 229
Size:  2.51 MB

Name:  IMG_7545.jpeg
Views: 254
Size:  2.47 MB

We had a blast last week sailing her. We were on track to win the Master Mariners Regatta Ocean 2 class but shrimped the Spinnaker costing us 10 minutes of dead stop. bummer.

Name:  IMG_7578.jpeg
Views: 208
Size:  1.31 MB

Name:  IMG_7596.jpeg
Views: 206
Size:  1.84 MB

Name:  IMG_7594.jpeg
Views: 208
Size:  1.86 MB

I will begin to redo reseal the port lights and varnish the trim. She will be ready to take in 2 or 3 weeks and for a summer of care free sailing or racing. YRA PHRF is 156.

Asking 4k which is bargain for this wonderful boat.
    Last edited by Black Jack; 06-05-2022 at 07:44 AM.

I have spend a little more of time with LL. resealed her toe rails; Her sides and interior are painted. Will refresh the deck next. I really hadn't posted it up for sale but here. Not surprisingly nobody inquired. For me, it has never been about the money but finding friends to sail with and against. My desire is that Mulls will be able to continue sail and race together in the future.

Name:  image0.jpeg
Views: 105
Size:  133.1 KB

Name:  image1.jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  137.0 KB

Name:  image5.jpeg
Views: 107
Size:  103.3 KB

Name:  68170291830__2484AE5E-7D71-41A9-BE9E-11C85EC17000.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  84.8 KB

Name:  image0 (1).jpeg
Views: 105
Size:  68.4 KB
    Last edited by Black Jack; 08-12-2022 at 02:10 PM.