Thread: Lively Lady is looking for next caretaker

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lively Lady is looking for next caretaker

Lively Lady is a strip plank Mull 30 built professionally in 1967 by American Marine.

When launched, she was way ahead of her time and today remains a remarkable, beautiful and fast sailing vessel.

Lively Lady continues to show her speed, winning numerous races including many SORC matches and more bay races than most remember.

She is a delightful short handed boat with a wonderful history.

I spent a great deal of time rebuilding her and making her safe to race and take the family out. She is still a very cool, comfortable, and stiff boat -- and in a breeze faster upwind than most boats her size.

Lively Lady comes with nice racing sails, a suite of older Dacron sails that are perfect for cruising, plus an A-Sail.

For power, Lively Lady includes a reliable Mercury 6hp 4 stroke that starts on the second pull.
    Also included: new radio with AIS, carbon fiber sprit and boom, a new 10 amp 12 volt Dakota lithium battery for the AIS radio and house.

Bottom was painted 30 months ago and looks great today.

Mull 30s are quite special. Anyone would be very hard pressed to find a better sailboat with such a strong heritage, joy to sail, beer can race, win the Master Mariners Regatta or even weekend cruise.

Make me an offer. I want her to go to a good home.

Last edited by Black Jack; 12-01-2022 at 05:10 PM.
    Without friends, none of this would be possible.