Thread: SSS Shirts

Default SSS Shirts

Is there any interest in old SSS shirts? I really need to clean out the closet.

These are mostly unworn (but dusty) and go back to about 2006. Men's L or XL, many in darker colors, a few SHF sweatshirts but mostly polos or long-sleeved T's from other races. Some have cool race logos, like the Corinthian Race "treasure map" shirts, Three Bridge Fiasco shirts and a couple of "Summer of Shorthanded Love" rainbow tie-dyes. Rob's favorite road-cone orange or green polos, etc.

Free, but you'd need to meet me at Richmond YC or at home in Benicia to pick them up. If I don't get much response I'll put the whole lot on Danny's table at RYC or take them to the Goodwill store - so you may start seeing non-sailing strangers wearing SSS swag.

BobsailsSF at Yahoo
    Last edited by BobJ; 05-30-2022 at 03:48 PM.

"non-sailing strangers wearing SSS swag"

Yesterday at Berkeley Bowl. I accosted the poor guy. "Hi!"
    He was wearing one of my favorites: RTR from 2013. He had never sailed a day in his life. He was buying beer and cherries.

We were leaving an A's game some years ago, following a guy wearing a SH Farallones sweatshirt. Those are less common so I figured I knew him and eventually caught up. Total stranger and again, he had never set foot on a sailboat. That just seemed wrong, which is why I'm posting here first.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    If I don't get much response I'll put the whole lot on Danny's table at RYC...
    To Danny's table they go.
    Last edited by BobJ; 06-04-2022 at 08:38 AM.

Tis a far far better thing….

What year was glow in the dark lettering on grey t-shirt for 3 Bridge? Is there one of those Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    cool race logos, like the Corinthian Race "treasure map" shirts
    I'm wearing one of those Corinthian shirts right now. I must have worn one to work once, because a coworker and I got to musing about how odd it was that the pirate theme was used on a "Corinthian" shirt when the two ideas are just about diametrically opposed. Did the designers at Pirates Lair not know the meaning of Corinthian in yacht racing, or is there some connection that I haven't twigged to?

They are very cool designs anyway.
    Max
    Last edited by Critter; 06-03-2022 at 08:10 PM.

Tchoup, I don't have one of those in my keep pile or in my give-away pile. I probably didn't race the 3BF that year.

Max, the idea for that design was to depict the CYC and all the marks of the course, joined with a dotted line to look like a treasure map. Alcatraz was labeled "Floating Island" per Gary Mull's "historical" article. Mike at the Pirate's Lair added the skull and crossbones to spice up the design, and I didn't object. The design was first used in 2007 or 2008 and re-appeared a couple of times, the latest on a red shirt in 2019.
    Last edited by BobJ; 06-04-2022 at 08:40 AM.

At 1100 I hung up 34 shirts above Danny's table. When I walked by at 1700 only ten were left. I guess the price was right!