Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Tin Clock

Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    That is a pretty awesome library resource. Too bad they don't check out rafts, epirbs, and SOLAS pyrotechnics.
    There are five separate library fees listed on my property tax bill in Oakland. Often, when I ask for a book, they have to order it from some other library. Like the Jack Reacher series: Not really the kind of book my neighbors read ;-) I can also order tools from the Oakland Tool library up at Telegraph and Claremont.

Maybe I'll type in: Life Raft, see if Sal's is listed as an approved source. As for pyrotechnics? Well, they are being sold up at the local grocery in Rio Vista. I'll bet you can get 'em in Discovery Bay, too.

Ok, gotta go try out that new, high end ladder of mine.
    Last edited by Philpott; 06-28-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Jackie - Good luck at Mandeville. It can get VERY crowded. I like the east side of the tip about 200 feet north of the cut. You can come in very close. I like it there for swimming because there’s enough current to keep the water moving, but you may need to put out a fender on a line for aid in getting back to the boat. The cut is surprisingly deep. I once saw the HAWAIIAN CHIEFTAIN there.

You probably figured-out by now that that ladder will need some weight on the bottom rung.

I liked the story of how Lee Child came up with the name Jack Reacher. I think it was in the preface to the first book.

I’m off tomorrow for a three week adventure delivering a big trawler from Port Townsend to Juneau. Could be interesting…
    Tom P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Jackie - Good luck at Mandeville. It can get VERY crowded. I like the east side of the tip about 200 feet north of the cut. You can come in very close. I like it there for swimming because there’s enough current to keep the water moving, but you may need to put out a fender on a line for aid in getting back to the boat. The cut is surprisingly deep. I once saw the HAWAIIAN CHIEFTAIN there.

You probably figured-out by now that that ladder will need some weight on the bottom rung.

I liked the story of how Lee Child came up with the name Jack Reacher. I think it was in the preface to the first book.

I’m off tomorrow for a three week adventure delivering a big trawler from Port Townsend to Juneau. Could be interesting…

A good spot to watch the fireworks and well protected from the NW is the channel on the west side of Wards island. You get a great view of Hilton from about a mile upriver. Depth is around 10 to 12 feet at low tide. It is right off the Stockton deep water channel so very convenient. Not much fetch from any direction. You are well out of the craziness.

I received my little tin clock today. It runs and keeps decent time...130 years old...so cool.

Here is another picture, next stop is Jacqueline but maybe not. The little ticking sound...

Name:  the tin clock at home.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  1.44 MB